Skip and I are celebrating our 14th year of marriage today. I was talking to my niece the other day and was sharing that I have loved Skip for most of my life. We have been best friends since we were 15 and we started dating at 22. Looking back I know that God had a plan putting us in driver's education together. One thing I love most about Skip is that he truly knows me. That is something that has taken years to accomplish, but it is so freeing to have someone accept you and love you for who you are. I don't want to get all mushy about why Skip is so special to me, however I would like to share several reasons he has made my life anything but boring. I am going to give a list of Things I Appreciate But Don't Fully Understand About The Man I Love. Here it goes:
1. He feels it necessary to keep the same hairstyle(not color) since the day we met.
2. He is a man's man who loves to hunt and fish, yet he wears pink without hesitation.
3. He often takes me out to look for Bigfoot when in Colorado- the man truly has hopes that one exists.
4. He always knows where his keys are and his "stuff" always has a place, but cannot for the life of him make a single article of clothing fall into the hamper.
5. He loves Duran Duran and can recite word for word every song they have ever written. (Well, I guess I can understand that one since I am a duranie too.)
6. He loves the Cowboys with such a godly passion that I sometimes wonder if that's appropriate.
7. He has more creativity in his pinky toe than most of us have in our entire being. The problem is that he gets easily bored with the doing the same thing so he is always changing his mind.
8. Skip can light up a room and make people want to be in his presence in such a brief time that I have to wonder.
9. Skip has limitations, but in knowing him you don't even see it. God made his talents outshine them all.
10. He loves and connects with God in a way that I pray everyone would. He is always listening for a fresh way to show God's love to others. What more could you want in a husband.
I love you Skip and I pray for at least 50 more years by your side. You are an amazing man and I am so proud of who you are and what you are becoming.