Nov 30, 2007
Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."
Nov 29, 2007
1. I am thankful for friends that call at just the right moment, or email you out of the blue just to encourage you. I am so blessed to have friends that pour Jesus into my life and remind me who I am in Christ. Thank you friends for not letting me dwell on present struggles, but point me to the many miracles and wonders I have witnessed.
2. I am thankful for my husband and his desire to have excellence in his ministry and his family. We so often fall short as a family, but he keeps dreaming for God.
4. I am thankful for sweet parents who helped shape me into the woman I am today. I am thankful that both of them are only 5 minutes away from me this Christmas.
Nov 28, 2007
*First, my house has now been on the market for one year. Skip and I are trying to rent it now-very cheap, and I would love to have that happen before my next house payment is due.
*Second, I would love to be able to think of Christmas without a pit in my stomach of how I'm going to buy gifts while paying two mortgages.
*Third, I would love for Skip's upcoming dental work to go well, and not be an astronomical price and no infections would surface.
*Fourth, I would love to be able to lay all of the three previous things on the altar, and believe God for everything without hesitation. I have seen God work in such amazing ways in my life, but I am feeling very weak at the moment, yet still trying to hope and have joy. And for once, I cannot blame my emotional state on PMS. It's just little ole human ME. Thanks for letting me vent(0:
Nov 27, 2007
1. I can't see all of a sudden. I haven't been to an eye doctor yet, but I'm pretty sure my previous 20/20 vision is history. I have been caught holding books, labels, and medicine further away than normal. My dad tells me that is part of old age. Did you hear that? Old age?
2. My knees crack and pop when I get up in the mornings. What is up with that? I can still do a killer cartwheel and flips on the trampoline, but my body now lets me know that I shouldn't.
3. I would rather have chocolate for a meal. I never thought I would be one of "those" women who would get so excited about a new dessert recipe, but I am.
4. My memory is fading. Just today, I completely missed the turn to my street. I kept driving, and didn't realize I had missed the street until I.........what was I talking about? See, there you go.
5. Every time someone comes by to visit I have to make a pot of coffee, and offer cookies and snacks. My grandmother has always done this, and now I'm doing it. I guess my friends are getting old too because they always accept.
*On the bright side, my hips are slimmer, my wrinkles have miraculously disappeared, and I always get 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. HA! I wish!
Nov 23, 2007
After two Thanksgiving dinners, a nap, watching the Cowboys dominate, and eating way too much pecan pie, my sister treated myself and the kiddos to the movie Enchanted. It was precious! I loved the actors they chose for the roles. They were perfect! If you have very small children, it does have a somewhat scary part near the end with a wicked stepmother, but what fairytale movie doesn't. I hope you put this on your list of holiday movies to see. Oh, and guess what? There is only 32 more shopping days until Christmas.
*Oh my goodness, I just finished Home to Holly Springs this morning while all the house was sound asleep. Sitting with a delicious cup of coffee, I read the last few chapters. I laughed out loud several times, and as I read the last page, I teared up with a huge smile. If you are a Mitford Series fan, you will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Nov 21, 2007
I feel so blessed this Thanksgiving. Here are a few reasons why:
1. God is in control.
2. I have a wonderful family and amazing friends.
3. We don't have to travel far this Thanksgiving. Everyone we are seeing this week is 20 minutes or less away.
4. We decided not to homeschool this week. At all. For my sanity.
6. Skip got tickets for us to see Duran Duran in Austin in December! I think it will be my 4th time to see my high school heart throbs. Who cares that they move a bit slower, and sing a little lower. Skip and I have a sick obsession with this band. Oh, the memories of singing to the top of our lungs in his jeep to "Wild boys! Wild boys! Wild boys!" I even did a drill team dance to "The Reflex". Come on, you know you want to sing along.
7. We are adding baked mac and cheese to our Thanksgiving menu this year. Yummy!
8. My sister Debbie who had a birthday on the 20th, and my friend Laura who is having her birthday on Thanksgiving Day. Happy birthday girls!
9. Skip and I are dreaming and setting some goals I will share with you soon. Please pray that we seek God 100 percent in the process.
10. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 I never get tired of that verse. It is everything to me as a Christian.
Nov 17, 2007
Nov 13, 2007
1. I love the author Jan Karon. It's been many years since I last read the Mitford series, but I jumped right in with this one. I love, love, love Father Tim. Don't you?
Nov 11, 2007
* "A path without obstacles is a path without challenges. When you prepare for the unexpected you're prepared for everything. " Rev Run
* "Where God guides; He provides." Bil Cornelius
* "I believe the Lord asked me to take this unnatural, uncomfortable step so that my dependence would be on Him alone, and not my own abilities." Julie
Nov 1, 2007
If you would like to join in on a Thankful Thursday list too, just go by Crystal's at God is In Control Not Me and leave a link to your post.