Over the last week or so I've heard some amazing quotes and scriptures that have really spoken to me, and I thought they were definitely worth sharing.
* "Focus on your giants, and you will stumble. Focus on God, and your giants will tumble." Michael Smalley (our new interim pastor) I hope I said that right, but I'm sure you get the idea.
* "The devil may have gotten his foot in the door, but God will never allow him to take residence. Praise God." My dear friend Liana
* "I think we're dreaming too small, honey. I think God is allowing some huge trials to happen to redirect our attention to His plans. " Skip
* Shortly after praying as a family about the previous discussion, God led me to this verse and I am committing this to Him: "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before him. " Psalm 37:3-7 As an extra insight, I have shared that a passion of ours is to one day have land here, and do you see in this verse that God mentions "enjoy safe pasture". I may be reading into things, but it was just like God to give me a specific gift in scripture like that.
* "A path without obstacles is a path without challenges. When you prepare for the unexpected you're prepared for everything. " Rev Run
* "Where God guides; He provides." Bil Cornelius
* "I believe the Lord asked me to take this unnatural, uncomfortable step so that my dependence would be on Him alone, and not my own abilities." Julie