Sep 1, 2006

The Movie to See-Invincible


I have never done a movie review before so I thought I'd give it a go. I went to see Invincible today with my husband, my nine year old son, and my six year old daughter. It was awesome to say the least. I wasn't too sure about going to see a football movie, but I'm so glad I did. The movie is a true story about Vince Papale who played for the Philadelphia Eagles in the 70's. He overcame huge obstacles to fulfill his dreams. Here are the comments from the family after experiencing this amazing film. Skip(husband) said,"It was the Rocky of football. I'd give it 3 and a half stars out of 5". Skip is a huge critic of movies, so that is pretty good. Seth(my son)said, "It was good. I love football. I give it 4 and a half stars." Annie(my baby girl) said,"I liked it. I give it 5 stars." Actually Annie just is happy sitting eating popcorn and drinking an icee. I give it 4 stars. It did have a bit of a love story which is always a plus for me.

8 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

Good job for a rookie reviewer .. I chose Idlewild over this one last weekend and was only rewarded with a bid disappointment ... I won't be making that same mistake again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie!!Thanks for stopping at my Blog! I love meeting new people! And Im glad you have wonderful in-laws like I do! Its a blessing. My husband wants to see Invincible. Im not a huge sports fan but you seemed to enjoy it so maybe Ill give it a shot! Its a rainy gloomy day here in NY. It makes me just want to curl up and nap. But my boys prevent that from happening:) They are outside playing in the rain. I loved to do that when I was a kid. Now I get too worried about my hair messing up:) Well I enjoyed my visit to your Blog. I will definitely stop again!~Amy

Anonymous said...

Richard (6 yrs) went with Dad, Laura, and Eric last weekend to see it. His critique was "It was awesome!" The only thing I could get out of him about the actual movie was, "They beat the Cowboys, easy". Keep in mind, he's been brainwashed by Jay (Redskins fan). He gives it 8 out of 5 stars.....

Susie said...

Tammi-5 out of 8 is so funny!

Donnetta said...

Never heard of this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Mariah said...

susie-your blog is WAY creative and fun!

Pamela said...

Oooh, sound like it was a hit! A definite movie for just the two of us, he loves football and I love a good romance and anytime one works hard to achieve their goals and has to overcome lifes little obstacales. :)

Susanne said...

I do love sports movies, for the principles they do seem to convey. And I just love to cheer on the underdog. I'll have to go check this out!