Shalee tagged me for this meme a few days ago and I am finally getting around to it. It was fun to look back to childhood and recall some special memories.
1. Favorite memory of your mother? There are so many wonderful memories of my mother when I was growing up that it is hard to pick one. I love that on the weekends she would get a pad of paper and a pencil and take our order like we were at a restaurant. She would give us menus on paper and then write down our orders. Sometimes she would make pancakes for one of us, eggs and bacon for another, and then french toast for the other. I loved when she did things like this. It made each of us feel so special.
2. Favorite memory of your father? My father was not a real father to me until I was about 22 years old. Shortly after he divorced with my mother, stopped drinking and asked Christ into his heart, he became the most wonderful father a daughter could ever have. My favorite memory of my father is when I sat in his little church as I watched him get baptized about 14 yrs. ago. He has not only become an amazing dad, an awesome husband to his wife of 13 yrs, the best grandpa to my kids, but he has become one of my spiritual mentors.
3. Favorite memory of your siblings? My favorite memory with my sister and my brother is probably making cushion houses in our den. We would always use kitchen chairs, cushions, pillows and blankets to make a campout. We would make an opening so we could watch tv. My kids like to do the same thing today.
4. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do(though you never learned it)? I've always wanted to be able to sew. I can do a button, and a simple stitch, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to sew with a sewing machine. It was my only C in junior high and it haunts me to this day. Other skill I wish I could have learned is a back handspring. It kept me from being a cheerleader, and believe me I had school spirit. Go VHS ! I was too afraid, and at my 5A school you had to do a back handspring. Don't feel too sorry for me, I had a great time in drill team for 4 years.
5. Which of your dreams has come true? Marrying a rock star. Just kidding, well kind of. Skip is my rock star for Jesus. Actually, being a mom was always a dream of mine, and I am so blessed to have 3.
If you would like to try this meme, then tag- Your it! Have fun and thanks Shalee for thinking of me.