1. I had a great time visiting and catching up with my sis, my neice and my nephew.
2. I literally shopped till I dropped. I didn't know beforehand that it really was a possibility.
3. Mitchel Musso,(Oliver on Hannah Montana) went to dinner with us at P.F. Changs and also talked to each of my kids on the telephone. It made their day. He is a great kid and let me just tell you that teenage boys (actors or not) can only be taken in small doses. I have found this fact to be true even if you are related to them.
4. I went to Mosaic Church on Sunday that meets at Beverly Hills High. I had heard the pastor Erwin McManus twice before and he was awesome. I was surprised to see I was the oldest one there. It is a very young church.
5. I went to the star visited Ivy Restaurant for Sunday brunch and out of any celeb I could have seen, it was rapper 50 cent that I ended up getting a picture with. I do not listen or support gangsta rap, but I thought it would be a bit funny to get a picture with him. My nephew was so excited and it really made the hubby laugh.
6. I found the cutest red purse and a brown one, each under $30. I call that a pretty good find in LA. Okay, if the truth be told I actually found the purses at a Ross in Burbank near my sister's house.
7. I went on the Hollywood Homes Tour and fell in love with the outside of Dr. Phil's house. It is a beautiful Tuscan style home. Remember I just recommended his wife's book which is awesome. It is nice to see they are being blessed.
8. I ate a red velvet cupcake from Sprinkle's. It was the most expensive cupcake I have ever bought, but it tasted heavenly.
9. I got to know LAX very well due to my maintenance delay of 5 and a half hours. I met some very interesting people which made the time go by quicker. God gave me such a peace and I don't think I complained once.
10. I found out that I definitely love my conservative little world in Corpus Christi and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
11. I toured the Warner Bros. studios and sat on the infamous "Friends" couch. The whole set of Central Perk was the size of my kitchen. It looked so much bigger on tv.
12. I learned that traffic is something I will not miss about LA. One day we were literally in the car for two and a half hours straight.
13. Seeing my hubby and kids waiting for me to come out of the airport at midnight was the best sight in the world. Skip did such a great job taking care of them, even if he dropped them off for a day and a half with his mother. I am so blessed to have him!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants