I couldn't think of a title for my post today so I am making up one. It was a great week despite the morning of sickness, not to be confused with morning sickness (simply not possible). Thanks to everyone who prayed and wished me well. Now, onto some joy. I am so excited about Christmas even though I haven't done a lick of shopping. Well, actually I've bought about 4 small things. I have a way to go and I can't wait. I don't know if I've ever shared this, but I love to shop. I could probably do it as a full time job because I love it so much. Okay, here are some highlights of the week.
1. Blessing! Ashley was able to go back to dance on Tuesday and participate. Her foot has healed wonderfully.
2. Got the house on the market. It is not showing up as a listing yet, but it should in the next day or two. I have been doing a lot of cleaning and straightening and I realized that I want to have people over more when the house is in order. Just my thing, even though I know it doesn't matter to others.
3. "Cheetah Girls rock!" These were the actual words shouted by my six year old during the concert Wednesday night. I enjoyed watching her and her friend Taylor more than the actual concert. They were hilarious as they tried to imitate and sing along. I know they will always remember this. The performances were incredible. The singers and dancers were exceptional. Everyone was decked out in Cheetah print, and I was officially a "Cheetah mama" who also had to dance and sing along. One time Annie looked over at me and motioned for me to sit down. Could embarrassing your child start at six? The bigget blessing was that my friend Michelle was able to get us the tickets so there wasn't any expense. I think Michelle "rocks".
4. My bible study group was awesome this week. I can't believe we only have two weeks left before we finish. It seems like I was just asking for ideas for our new study. These women have become such a sweet part of my life. I love each one so dearly and it never fails to amaze me how much they want to grow in Christ. We are planning a new study in late January, but haven't decided on a book or bible study yet. Let me know if any of you know of a goodie.
5. Skip and I went to Kikos Mexican Restaurant for a date lunch yesterday. I love mexican food and it is always a treat to have time alone with the hubby during the month of December. His life tends to get a little crazy this month as a worship pastor. The new building adds a little extra on his plate, but he loves the excitement.
6. My kitchen caught on fire yesterday. Well, let me rephrase that. I was attempting to bake 3 things at once and I laid wax paper near an open candle and poof! Luckily the three sections of burning wax paper flew and landed on the tile and not the carpet which was only inches away. My kids stared in horror as I quickly put out the flames. I conclude that I am a panicker and do not think well in dangerous situations. What is really scary is that my fire alarm did not come on. Better check that battery. Nothing was harmed or destroyed and I quickly got the smell out of the house. Skip walked in after a couple of minutes and had no clue what almost occured. He was only 30 feet away in the bedroom. It was another example to share with the kids how I had just prayed that morning for protection for our family.
7. Skip and I hosted a Christmas party for his production/music staff and their spouses last night(hence the baking I was doing). Skip made humongous steaks and baked potatoes. It was a great night of fellowship and feasting. I was too full from our Mexican food lunch to have any dinner, but I enjoyed visiting with my dessert and coffee.
I'm so glad it's Saturday and we have no plans today. It is beautiful outside and I am going to see if the kids are up for something fun. Have a great weekend everyone. Be blessed!