Feb 7, 2007

Another Update

I just got back from the Radiologist's office. Seth had his upper GI procedure this morning starting at 9:45am and it is now 3:00 pm. He had pretty severe reflux when they did the sonogram type x-ray of his stomach and Skip was able to see where it was stopping in the digestive tract. He had to drink the chalky milky drink within 45 minutes and then they took x-rays. For some reasons his stomach contents are not emptying normally. We had to do x-rays about every 45 minutes to see the progression of the liquid. Seth ended up throwing up all the milky crud, but they said that he still had some in his stomach so they could watch it's progress. We will hopefully hear from our doctor after the radiologist looks over the x-rays and scans he did. We have no answers, but I am trusting God with my son once again.

I was driving earlier on the way to the appt. to meet Skip and Seth and a flood of old emotions swept over me. I remember sitting and waiting for Seth's first upper GI when he was one-week old and how the doctor came in and shared that he was going to have to operate. I was so afraid and unsure of what was to come, and now 10 years later to the date, I find myself in the very same position. The difference today is that I can now reflect on how God was there with us every step of the way, and how he never left our side through the months of uncertainty and fear. I am stronger now, though still a little afraid. I am praying for there to be a cure for his problems without surgery. If this is not God's will, I am praying for Seth to have the strength and endurance to handle whatever is in the future. He is 4ft. 5in. and weighs only 55 lbs. He is very thin and I know how much anesthesia and surgery can take it's toll. I pray that we will have all Seth's health issues under control someday. It is so hard to see your child suffer. I will update more as soon as I receive word from our doctor.

Thank you for praying for Beighly yesterday. Her surgery was successful and they ended up having very little to do once they got a look inside. Her family is believing it's a miracle and I do too. God is so good!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Susie, supporting you guys in pray. May you have a miracle for Seth!

Pamela said...

Susie, God is good, and he will never forsake you. As hard as it is see your child face uncertainty, try to just take it one step at a time. God led you in this direction early and for a reason, and I am so thankful you brought him in when you did. I will pray for Seth and all of you! I absolutely despise drinking that icky chalky white stuff and I usually can't keep it down either. It is terrible. Tell him he did good! :)

Addie said...

Praying for you all as you wait.

on the Rock said...

Certainly lifting Seth and your family in my prayers! God Bless!
Betty

Donnetta said...

Oh, I can so relate... continuing to pray..