Jul 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Tuesday was wonderful! I spent the day hanging out with my friend Liana who was visiting from China. We lounged in the sun, while the kids played in the pool area. Seth made me go down the waterslides with him, and I couldn't stop. So fun!

While the kids were playing in the waves at the beach, I noticed Annie getting very close to deep water. Normally I would just keep a close eye, but instead I joined all the kids and what a blessing that was. The current was so strong, in an instant all of us went off a sandbar and couldn't touch. I was able to get Seth, and Annie and drag them to safety. Ashley and Liana's girls are all pretty good swimmers and followed us. I think the Holy Spirit prompted me at just the right time to go in with them. Needless to say, everyone quickly decided to go back to the pool area. I can see how drownings happen in an instant. Praise God we were protected. It sure taught me a lesson, and I am so thankful.



















I'm also thankful my hubby is coming home for a visit today. He is grilling for Liana and her family. Well, for me too! Pray for his safe travels.
Lastly, I am thankful that after 8 months, we finally have our first offer. Wohoo!!! It's not on paper yet, and it's very low. But who cares, I'm excited. Also within the last 24 hours, we have had two possible renters. I am personally praying for the offer because I want to sell our home. Isn't God good that I found out about the offer when I was hanging out with Liana. We just stopped right there at the pool with the kids and said a prayer of thanks. God is so good, and I know His timing will be perfect for us. Please continue to pray that we hear something soon, and it will be just the right price.
Laurel Wreath is guest hosting TT this week head on over http://www.laurelwreathsreflections.com/

13 comments:

Denise said...

I am so glad that you, and the precious children are safe. Sweet blessings to you dear one.

Ruth said...

So thankful you were in the water at the right time. How long did it take your heartbeat to get back to normal?? That's great you had such a good time with your friend, and I am THRILLED that you had some offers on your house!! Congrats!

Kim said...

We are going to the ocean in about 2 weeks, I'm glad I read your post because it made me know how much I need to keep an eye on the kiddos while we are there. I'm thankful to you.

Susan said...

YooHoo!!!!!So thankful you are getting an offer. Sometimes it's like trying to get the first olive out of the bottle!!!! Extra special because you got the word when with a very special friend.
Loved the pictures. You can tell the kids are having a ball.
Susan

Mary said...

Praise God we can hear the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Glad the kids are safe. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

TO BECOME said...

Oh, I am so thankful you listened to your heart. I am so thankful you are all safe. I hope you house sells quickly now. Glad your husband is getting to come home. Take care. God bless, connie from Texas

Changed by His Love said...

Good news about the house! Praise Him for the nudging He gave you about getting in that water with them. Many blessings to you today.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Yeah for an offer, big or small! Atlease this will give you validation that someone is interested in the house.

Blessings to you!
Enjoy you weekend!
Susan

Donnetta said...

Praise God for His protection and what appears to be moving on the house sale. Continuing to pray!

Keep us posted!!!

Linda said...

I am feeling so full of joy as I read the Thankful Thursday posts today. So many answers to prayer. God is so good. I'll be praying about the offer Susie.
I am thankful with you that you are all safe. I never take for granted God's protection. He is always watching and taking care of our loved ones.
Waiting to hear good news soon!!

The Glow Girls said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with Liana and that you followed your gut about the water. It can get tricky out there. Yeah, about the house. I'm saying a huge prayer. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

Lyndy said...

What a wonderful list. So glad you had a nice time with your friend and that everyone is safe. Praying about your house.

Lyndy

Shawna said...

Praise God for prompting you to go swimming with your children when you did. Those kind of things upset me so because they are so scary. It is awesome to know the Holy Spirit is right here with us, watching over us even when we aren't aware.

Yay for your first offer!