Aug 16, 2007
I am combining my Thankful Thursday with my Thursday Thirteen. Hope no one minds.
Here are 13 things I am so very thankful for today.
1. The tropical depression completely missed us. I know we have Hurricane Dean brewing, but I am thankful for now we are safe and dry.
2. I'm thankful Skip came home last night to be with us just in case things got a little crazy with the weather.
3. I'm thankful that Annie is at a friend's house for the day. Does that sound mean? My friend Dena's daughter and Annie are the best of friends, and they needed some together time today. Okay, if you must know I needed a little break from my baby(my 7-yr old baby).
4. I'm thankful that I had a showing this morning, despite the fact that they were 30 minutes early and my house was not totally together. We'll see if they liked it. We also had a showing 2 days ago. Please continue praying for us.
5. I'm thankful for God's provision. He amazes me that He gives us exactly what we need. By the way, I really need my hair colored and cut. Just kidding.
6. I'm thankful for my friend Tiffany who met me for lunch yesterday, just for some girl talk. However, we had to eat our Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and fries without a drink because of the water restrictions in our area. We didn't understand why they couldn't just go buy some cokes from the local HEB grocery stores and sell them.
7. I'm thankful for two special phone calls today. I visited with my high school friend Deanna who is also a pastor's wife leaving in the Houston area. We had a great talk, and will try to meet up this weekend when she's in town. I also got a call from my dear friend Sara from Alabama. Heeeeyyyy Sara! I love her accent! Even though she is from Texas, she has lived in Alabama long enough to have the southern draw down perfect. I miss her so much, but everytime we talk we just pick right up where we left off. She is also a pastor's wife, a professional counselor, a super mom, and a supportive wife to her sweet hubby. Enough already, you get the idea.
8. I'm thankful for Mrs. Baird's cinnamon rolls. I'm sorry I couldn't resist one, or was it three this morning with my coffee.
9. I'm thankful that while looking through some of my old bible studies two days ago, I came across Elizabeth George's "Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians". I had only done the first chapter, so it is like brand new to me. It is so perfect to be doing right now in this season of life. I love it!!! Actually, I'm sure it would be good for any season you happen to be in right now.
10. I'm thankful for this past weekend. We celebrated my father-in-law's 60th b-day, and my Uncle Leon's 70th b-day. Both were surprise parties. Such fun! What was even more fun was that Skip got to attend both because there is no church on Saturday night and they were both in the Victoria area.
11. I'm thankful that my mom goes to church every Sunday with me in Victoria. She also joined our church 3 weeks ago, and that is such a blessing. She has been a Christian forever, but wasn't attending church. I am praying that her husband (my step-father) will one day put his trust in Christ and come to church too. He is a wonderful man, and I can only imagine what God could do with his life.
12. I'm thankful for my sweet blogging friends. I know I say this all the time, but your support and encouragement is so important to me. I wish I could personally meet each and everyone of you. I'm thankful that some of my real life friends have joined in with blogs which makes it so nice to keep up with their wonderful families.
13. I am thankful to have a couple of more weeks before home schooling starts because I am soooo not ready yet. I am going to try my best to take it in stride this first year, and just do the best I can.
Posted by Susie at 3:15 PM