The Week in Review
1. Our first week of homeschooling is under our belt. I would give us an 8 out of 10. The kids did a great job overall, but there are a lot of changes with the scheduling that I will need to work on. I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be to teach 3 different children, with 3 different learning styles, in 3 different grade levels. One thing I'm excited about is that I am learning so much along with them. It's really good for me to see what they know and to be involved with their new experiences in learning.
Unfortunately I am so tired): I sure could use a maid right now and a massage. I probably am going to include a course in housekeeping next week, and tell them I'm grading on performance. Does that sound legal? I think so.
2. First week of my new bible study began on Tuesday. I have to drive an hour and a half to Victoria to do this, but I need to have this for me. I had 10 ladies sign up for the class, and they are new precious ladies that I don't know at all. I do know one of the ladies- It's my mom! How fun is that! She is so sweet and I love that we are learning to respect and honor our husbands together in "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn bible study. She even bought me a coffee in our coffee shop at church before the study began.
3. My sweet niece and nephew are turning two this week, and they are having an Elmo birthday party this weekend. My nephew Matt will be in town with my sister this weekend. He is dressing up in an Elmo costume, and I will try to take some pics to share. The twins were born two years ago premature, and now they are running around, chunky and smart as can be. What a blessing they are, and I can't wait to be a special aunt to them when I move. They live in Victoria too!
4. Lastly, my sweet Annie is getting baptized this Sunday. I am trying to think of a special gift to give her. Maybe a silver cross necklace, or a bible or cross charm for her bracelet. She already has her own bible which would have made a great gift. I am so glad so many of our family members will be there to celebrate with us. When Ashley and Seth were baptized, it was in the beach here, and it was only our church friends. It was really special, but I'm happy to see Annie do this at our new church since that is were we will hopefully be living soon.
5. No showings lately on the house. I'm still praying everyday, and hope that a miracle happens soon in this completely saturated buyers market.
6. We have a huge weekend at Parkway church this weekend. We have commercials running and mailers sent out all around the city and surrounding towns. We are praying for a big crowd and many salvations. Skip is very excited to see what God will do.
That's about it for now because I hardly any time to blog or catch up on blogs at the moment. My life has changed dramatically this week. Hope all of you reading know how much I miss you and hope to visit soon. Have a wonderful weekend!