Oct 29, 2007

God Lifts A Heavy Heart

Over the last week and a half there is a battle going on in my life I haven't shared with all my blogging friends. It has to do with my church, and people I love. I wish I could say, it will all be over with soon, but God is the only one with the future in His hands. I questioned for so long why my house has not sold over the past 11 months, but now I see so very clearly what my heavenly Father was protecting me from had I moved on earlier than I did. All I can say about the current situation is that Skip and I are following God alone, trusting God alone, and crying out to God alone. I want so badly for the trials and the hurts to just go away, but I would miss out on the teaching and the blessings that will follow our obedience. Just pray for us, our friends, our church, and our perseverence. I know I'm being vague, but there is so much uncertainty and people's feelings at stake, that I want to keep it brief. Just pray for us all. God gave me this verse yesterday, and I believe it is a personal promise to me.
"I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14 A personal thank you to Liana for prompting me to read through my favorite psalms for comfort and guidance.

9 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

Oh, girl you know you and your family are in my deepest prayers and heart everyday. It pains me to see you like this. I hate that I'm not there to hug you or have some venting and coffee time with you. I as well have cried out to God some many times the last few weeks and asking WHAT THE H---- are you doing? But I know that God is in control and that I'm not the one to handle it all . HE is. We just have to remember that. You are there now and I have to think that you are there now in Victoria for Skip and your family. God is about to bring something awesome into your lives and I truely think that He had to get you all together to do just that. Just keep believing.
I love you.

Lori said...

I don't know your troubles, but I feel like I am going through similar pains. I cried when I read this. Thank you for the verse.

Blessings.

DeeDee said...

I'm praying for you guys, Susie. I know we've talked about this, but some of my richest blessings have come from my time of following God and trusting God "alone". He will make a way where there is no way. Love you, Girl.

Linda said...

There aren't too many things more painful than difficulties in our church family. I will certainly be praying for you Susie. Keep trusting. God will never leave you alone.

I hope you're getting my comments. For some reason they keep bouncing back to my email.

Ruth said...

Praying for you! I am going through a "church issue" right now, too, and I know that it really hurts. May blessings flow over you as you listen and obey the voice of your Father.

Lyndy said...

Praying for you Susie. Times like this are hard but God will see you through.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

We had a six year situation involving our church (that has now been resolved for quite some time), but I understand how it can hurt - deeply- as much or more than even family strife. I can only imagine how this can be multiplied as a clergy or staff family. I'm so glad to hear, though, that God is showing you some of the details via the house situation and I hope everyone involved will be so diligent to pray through it as you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Oh susie, susie...somehow I hear your heart in an all too familiar sound. I want to say that my heart goes out to you and your family. I truly believe that it is a maturing stage when you can whole-heartedly claim relationship over religion. You know all too well that people are hurtful, thats nothing new. Keep your eyes and your ears focused sweetie, this too shall pass. It's amazing when God slowly reveals it to you day by day. A daily reminder of who is in control.
I love you girl,
eLaIne <><

Debbie said...

Oh Susie, I am so sorry I can't be there to experience this with you. I'm praying that this all works out. I know that God is in control. Since I do know the situation, I know how hard this really is. I also know that God is up to something huge at Parkway and I can't wait to see what it is!

I love you,

Debbie