Oct 3, 2007

Thankful Thursday (on Wednesday)


Thursday will be a crazy day tomorrow because of a field trip, so I thought I would go ahead and share some of my thankfuls from this week
*Homeschooling is going well (not perfect), but I feel we are all learning and doing our best each day. We went to the Aransas Pass Aquatic Center last Thursday, and we literally had the place to ourselves for about an hour and a half. There were more lifegards than kids.
*The new healthy lifestyle has started to pay off. I've lost 4 pounds and I am just starting my 5th day. I know I still have about 25lbs to go, but I feel encouraged by the results so far. Unlike the Adkins diet I have done in the past, I have more energy for sure. I am eating lots of varieties of greens in my salads, some fruits, and raw nuts. I haven't had much in the way of meat, but I've never been a huge meat fan. I like grilled or baked chicken and fish, but my cook has been out of town, and he just makes it so much better.
*I am lovin' my bible study. My husband is also loving my bible study since he is reaping the benefits. The ladies in my study are the sweetest! I only wish that I had more time to get to know each of them. We do our study at the church instead of my home, so you can't just put your feet up and sip coffee from a mug. I will definitely do a home study when we move. I miss that.
*I am thankful that my son and I are having some precious moments together since the transition time began for us. For example, yesterday I went for a walk and Seth rode his scooter. We had the best time just talking and hanging out. If Skip would have been home Seth would have chosen to stay with him and talk about how the Cowboys are going to keep up their confidence throughout the season, or if Peyton Manning and Tomy Romo had a foot race -Who would win? I know these things because that is the conversations I now have with my son. While we were walking we just started to pray for some things. Seth said, "You know this is the only time I have prayed with my eyes open. If I was driving I would have to keep my eyes open too." Just some random cute talk. I love it! He told me he has been praying a lot lately for our house before he goes to bed, and for his daddy. I guess this time is so precious because I know he will leave one day and be the man of his own family. Anyway, I am just plain thankful for my little guy!
If you have a Thankful Thursday list to share of your own (on Thursday not Wednesday like me), just head over to Sting My Heart and grab the code, and then leave a link when the post is up here.

13 comments:

Ruth said...

Great list! I'm glad you are liking your Bible study! I'm a fan of home groups, too! I'm glad you and Seth are having good mom/son time!

Susanne said...

You have a beautiful blog!! I will definitely be back!!
Thanks so much for sharing your thankful heart with us today. I am currently doing a study by Beth Moore, but I am very interested in the book you are reading. That may be next! ;-) Have a great day!!

TO BECOME said...

Susie, we have so much to be thankful for today, It was so nice hearing your thankful heart.Have a very good day. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for. Way to go on dropping 4 pounds! Doesn't it feel good. Oh and what a sweet mother/son time you had...enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thankful heart!

Have a fantastic Thankful Thursday!
~Tamara
www.TrainingHearts.com

Denise said...

May you always be blessed.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful thoughts. They blessed me!

Amy said...

hi Susie, thanks so much for your comment at my blog. I'm so glad your healthy lifestyle is paying off - well done on the weight loss :-)

Heather said...

I enjoyed your thankful list but...since this is my first time here I read the carnation story and I'm telling you - it's awesome! I can totally relate and it made me cry. I'm so glad you made peace with your pink carnation self!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are blessed and highly favored.....

Gotta love them Cowboys ~ that's all I hear about with 5 boys.

Happy Homeschooling!
http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

MrsMomma said...

Wonderful list! Hey, about your Bible study, I'm reading For Women Only right now! Talk about an eye opener!

Happy TT & thanks for visiting my blog!
-Heather

Chocolate and Coffee said...

You have a beautiful blog! I will be back. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us! Have a great day!