Dec 30, 2007

Are You Ready for 2008?

Are you ready for the new year? I am so ready. Skip co-preached today with Michael Smalley on Personal Responsibility for our actions, and how we need to involve Christ with ever decision and step we take this new year. He and Michael were so stinkin' funny that I could barely take them seriously to take in the message. It is a fault of my husband to get off track easily, but then when he prayed the invitation prayer for those who had not yet asked Christ into their hearts, I just about burst into tears. I was so proud of his realness, and the way he spoke in such a simple and beautiful way to reach the lost. Skip and I cannot wait to see what the new year holds, and we pray that God will quickly reveal to us some things which we have struggled with (like our house stuff). If you want to read a great post by a wonderful friend of mine, go here. She writes about what I am feeling to a tee.
Oh, I want to introduce you to two of my BFF's for the new year. Hopefully I will be spending a lot of time with them. Here is Queen of the Roller Derby

and Nike Kill Me Now.



10 comments:

Denise said...

You go girl!

I pray that 2008 is great for you and your family!

Julie said...

Susie,
I absolutely LOVE it when God uses humor to teach us something. Life is hard enough, and we desperately NEED to laugh. If your husband used laughter to reach hearts, GOOD FOR HIM! Wish I could've heard the sermon. Praise GOD for what He is doing in your lives.

Oh, and the roller skates. GIRL! Remember - body armour. And the tennies...wish you lived close by so that we could power walk together. We'd be talking as fast as we were walking!

LOL

P.S. Thanks for sharing my post - I believe God wants to do mighty things in and through His people this year!

Ruth said...

They co-preached? How does that work? It sounds very interesting! So, I take it you plan on skating and exercising? You go, girl!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Humor is so crucial! God does indeed laugh with us.

I use to have roller skates just like that! Awesome!

Happy New Year!

Myra said...

Ruth suggested that I stop by your blog. My husband is an associate pastor of music at our church. I'm new to blogging. I have another photo devotional page at

http://myra.lifewithChrist.org

Please stop by either page any time! I need some blogging buddies!

Christina Ketchum said...

Happy New Year!!! I am a big roller blade fan but them skates are super cool!

Susan said...

Happy New Year and your "new's" are grand!!!
Susan

The Glow Girls said...

Love it. I'm sure that was cool seeing Skip up on staged in action. There nothing like seein our husbands doing what they love. I posted about my experience with mine on my blog. I'm still smittin by the whole thing. Love your new found friends. You go girl. Turn on some 70 music on your ipod and you are good to go.

DA Wagners said...

You have to take a pic of your roller skating!!! Better yet, take video and post it! Happy New Year!

Robin said...

A) I'd kill myself on those wheels.
B) I pray that you don't!!! =)

Happy New Year friend!