Jan 8, 2008

Confused But Not Defeated

I HATE making decisions, and would love to have a personal assistant that would make them for me. I know that the Lord is my personal guide for every decision of my life, but it is still hard to figure out the direction he is leading when things aren't always crystal clear. I have a lot going on, but I trust God will lead the way. I am searching scripture, praying, looking at circumstances, talking to close godly friends and my hubby(of course), and most of all sensing the Holy Spirit.


One thing is for sure, I am not alone in my feelings. It seems like everyone I talk to lately has some big decisions or obstacles they are dealing with. My prayer for all those struggling today, as well as myself, is that we will seek God and not our own understanding for what lies ahead.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Phillipians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I spent some time searching over 100 verses that mention the word understanding today. Now I know why the two above scriptures are so commonly used for teaching and directing in our Christian walk. They are so perfect in giving comfort and guidance to those desiring a word from our Lord. Thank you God for making scriptures come alive in a personal way!

8 comments:

Susanne said...

I so know what you mean Susie. And I totally hang onto those 2 scriptures also.

The Glow Girls said...

Man, you really know how to hit the nail on the head. I'm going throught the same thing today. I"ve felt defeated and confused at certain times today, and those very verses came to mind. I just bought myself a new bible the other day. It's funny, cause I feel like God is speaking a new word and a new understanding of Him that I never saw before. Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

Susan said...

"And lean not on thine own understanding." That is the part that gets us!!!!! We want to figure it out with our heart, instead of being lead in our inner "knowing" by the Holy Spirit.
A life long struggle!!!!
Susan

Kelly said...

These are both wonderful--giving great direction. Acknowledge Him and do not worry--I need to take this advice!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Susie,

You have NO IDEA how God has used your short devotion to minister to me this morning. Thank you that even in the smallest ways (by writing this post) you ARE listening to His guidance despite not yet realizing the outcome of your individual actions. That has been my own prayer for several days now and it blesses me to think that as you are yourself in the midst of these struggles, you are sharing your prayer for others as well. So as I pray this for myself, I will be praying it for you as well! Have a fantastic day.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wonderful scriptures! Decisions don't always bother me but indecisiveness can drive me crazy. That is when I have to call upon the Lord and ask for patience, guidance, understanding, etc.... My Faith Lifts posts was a bit on this topic as well. Loved your post. God Bless!

Shawna said...

Susie, we, too, are still facing our big "circumstance" so I am also looking for understanding - His direction & guidance.

I appreciate coming to visit you knowing that you know exactly where to go in trying times.

God bless you as you seek His will.

Ruth said...

Decisions are rarely fun, are they? I know what you mean about discerning the correct path. All I want is to do exactly what God wants me to do, but, boy, it sure can be tough figuring it out. Then, once you do, it seems like the answer was so obvious...but it wasn't at the time!!! I know God will guide you as you seek Him.