Feb 25, 2008

Prayer Request

Many of you followed along with me here a year and a half ago when Skip had his left hip replaced. That hip is doing great, but his right one is in really bad shape. Today was Skip's breaking point, and he made an appointment that was long over due. We will be seeing this doctor in Houston next month to see what our options are for getting the other hip replaced. He is doing a very new surgery that cuts down recovery quite a bit. Skip has a muscle condition that makes things a little tricky, but I know God is more than able to bless Skip with complete healing through this next surgery. I would just ask for you to pray for Skip's comfort until he awaits our next step, I pray for our insurance to cover as much as possible, and I pray for strength and faith for the road ahead. My husband has lived in so much pain for the last 12 or so years, that I would love to finally see him pain free. Thanks guys!

I couldn't resist showing this picture of my sweetie next to his favorite band when we went to LA several years ago. Look at how SKINNY he was! That was definitely before his gourmet chef days.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Father God I lift Skip up to you this very minute and the situation surrounding his hip. We thank you Lord that you are not only a God who hears our prayers but you answer our prayers. Give Skip & Susie your peace during this time of seeking your will and your way in this matter. In Jesus precious, precious name I pray.
Susan

Susanne said...

Saying a prayer for your hubby, Susie!

Barb said...

That's a great photo of Skip, Susie.

I do remember when he went through the first hip replacement. I hate that he will probably go through all that again, but I also remember some pretty funny stuff happening in his room, when he was doped up on pain meds. You wrote one of the funniest posts during that time.

I'll keep Skip in my prayers. I know you both dread this but it's very encouraging to think that he may finally be completely pain free, right?

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

i will be praying for you guys!

susan

The Glow Girls said...

WHAT!!!You did not tell me all this as well. Girlfriend. See me on my knees praying for you!I woke up thinking about you guys this morning and seeing that huge mountain in front of me out the window and just praying to God to just move the darn thing for you and for Skip, for all of us. God is moving mountains. I will stay on my tired knees till he moves them for us to see his Glory! When I get back, you and I have some much needed serious coffee time. Got it?!!!