Apr 2, 2008

Precious Friends

Last night I was treated to dinner at one of my favorite places with a few of my favorite people. The pastor's wives of Parkway wanted to bless me with a special night before I move...again. These are the sweetest girls in ministry I've ever seen.

One of the them is Kay, and she is the full of wisdom friend. She has been in ministry for years and years and was actually the senior pastors wife of the church we went to when Skip was saved and began volunteering in music ministry over 15 yrs. ago. She has the most loving spirit, and there has never been a time that she hasn't wrapped her arms around me for a big hug when she sees me. She gets along with everyone, and loves everyone. Her husband Kim is completely amazing too! He has often been called "The Bible Expert" and he IS just that. What a bright man, and also so full of a desire to grow others in the Lord!

Next is Angi. This girl has taught me incredible things about homeschooling and faith. She is SO smart, and the most comfortable mom of 5 I've ever seen. Every time I think of her, I think of Proverbs 31:28. I even bought her a bookmark with that verse. Her husband is one of the most shepharding pastors I've ever met. He is always smiling and making people laugh. He was Clarence in this year's "It's a Wonderful Life" at Christmas, and he stole the show.

Last, but certainly not least, is my dear, sweet Mollie. She is just my precious friend who has encouraged, cried and laughed with me over the last year. I can't imagine this time in Victoria without her. Since our husbands are best friends, it makes it an extra special friendship. I know we will continue to stay close, and I am so glad for the time I did have with this very beautiful friend. This morning I found this post that her husband Bard wrote and it brought tears to my eyes. He understands Skip so well and I guess he would since they met when Skip was only 6. I didn't meet Skip until I was 15, so Bard fills me in on the younger years.

I am going to miss these wonderful friends so much, but I am so thankful for the times we did have together. They are all such amazing, godly people and I pray only the best for their years to come. I hope if you are reading this and you go to Parkway, you will show them all the love you can. They are 100% servants of the Lord, and I respect and honor them so much.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nothing like great Christian friends. Sounds like you have them.
Susan