May 7, 2008

Welcome to our New Home(At least for the next 9 months)

I should be unpacking more boxes, working on lesson plans, or soaking in a hot tub right now, but instead I am blogging. I know what your thinking...this girl has her priorities in order! Ha Ha. Here is the front of our new home. Blue is normally my least favorite color, but I think it looks precious on this little home.

This next picture is my living room and the only room I have pretty much unpacked. My mother in -law came in town yesterday to help me out. I love the laminate wood floors. It makes it so easy to move furniture in place. We only tried out a bazillion different ways until we came up with this one. Thanks Lori for your input too!Now, so you won't think I'm super woman and have my act together completely. Here is the garage full of mess I still have left to unpack. I figure I should have everything in its place right before it is time to move again in January. Remember we are renting this house for 9 months and then moving back to our home that never sold last year. Got it? Good, because I don't.

See that mattress in the background. No, I'm not making my kids sleep on the floor or anything. It is just that the girls are sharing a room, so Annie's bed is staying in storage (my garage storage that is). * I just want to send a special note of thanks to all of our family and friends who helped us move. We couldn't have done it without you!


In the midst of packing and getting ready for our move, last Saturday I helped my family and some others throw my niece Stephanie a fun baby shower. It is her first baby and we are so excited for this new blessing to arrive. Deacon will be his name and he is due in late June. Here is Steph in the middle of my girls. Ashley is 7 years younger than Steph, but almost 7 inches taller. Ashley is already 5'7'' and I don't see signs of her slowing down.


Here are all the hostesses with Stephanie. From left to right: my mom, me, my cousin Paula, my cousin Cindy(the one who owns this yummy coffee shop), Stephanie, my cousin JoNell, Steph's aunts Diana and Renae, and my aunt Connie. She received the cutest gifts for baby Deacon and we had such a great time celebrating.




Here is a picture of Ashley and Annie with my sweet mother-in-law. I can't tell you how much I love Skip's mom. She is the kind of mother-in-law everyone dreams of having. Thank you Linda!




Lastly, here is my nephew Matt (on the right)at a cast dinner right before he began filming HSM3. My sis says he is doing great and having a ball. I can't wait to see him in his first feature film.








11 comments:

Christina Ketchum said...

That is so cool your nephew is going to be in High School Musical!!!! Wasn't there a television series or something where they were trying to find cast members for the 3rd movie?

Lori said...

All I can say is.....AWESOME, AWESOME AWESOME!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

yeah to be in a home (but imagine me pushing everyone out of the way to talk to you!) GI_RRRLLLL!

I am soooo jealous that your nephew was able to touch ZAC, that boy is lovely and I swear if I was 13 again, I would be a squealing and reaching for a ZAC SNACK. Oh who am I kidding?!?! I am 30 and still squealing!! :)

Ahem, back to you...

Get to unpacking friend, you are doing great!

Susan

The Glow Girls said...

The living room looks great! I'm all for a Zac Snack as well. I"m almost 40. I'm squealing to. Is that bad?
Remember us gals can hang on to anything for 9 months!!! Love you.

Susanne said...

Yay, for getting moved in. Now you can relax a bit and take the unpacking one day at a time.

I can't believe how grown up your Ashley is. It's like overnight they change from our little girls into young ladies, isn't it?

I'll have to show my Tia the pic of your nephew. She just couldn't believe I knew someone who's nephew was in HSM3. You've sorta given me some kind of bragging rights. LOL.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I'm laughing that all the comments were on your nephew! Too cute. And here I was thinking, "Oh, I bet she's a little sad that Ashley's ONLY 7 years younger than a niece that's having a baby! You have a BUSY life right now, ma'am. I think it's good you picked the blogging. :)

Shawna said...

So happy you are finally moved! Yay! I am also ready for a move of my own.

Good for you that you have your priorities in order. After all, if you spent all of your time working and unpacking, then you would be too tired to blog. It is much more important to pace yourself. :0)

I bet you are hearing all sorts of interesting tidbits about the filming. How exciting for all of you.

Have a great Thursday!

Denise said...

First of all, WOW Ashley looks a lot like you! I never noticed that before! I'm so glad ya'll are settled, even if it's for 9 months! Thinking about you tonight and hoping the unpacking is going well!

Heather said...

Just stopping by to say have a blessed Mother's Day.

DA Wagners said...

First of all, I love your daughter, Ashley's, shirt (the yellow-orange one)!!! So glad to have you guys back in Corpus!!! I've never seen High School Musical. I need to catch up before I watch #3!

Susan said...

Looks like a lovely place. Our home in Tulsa did not sell in 1984 when we moved to NM and we moved back into it in 1991 and back to Tulsa. God knew all along we would be back. We just didn't!!!!
Susan