Jun 23, 2008

She Speaks and I Listen

FABULOUS! The She Speaks Conference was truly fabulous! I hesitate to write a post about my experience for fear that my words will be inadequate.


The first thing I learned is that THIS GIRL HAS A LOT OF WORK AHEAD OF HER IF SHE EVER WANTS TO BE A WRITER. I guess I thought getting my words down on paper was the hard part. Oh no my friends! That is the easy part. Basically every thing I have written thus far on my blog should be deleted from the blogosphere. My grammar stinks! My sentences stink! However... do you know what doesn't stink? My GOD! He is completely capable of transforming my amateur attempts into works of significance. It will happen as soon as I get my booty in gear to study, write daily, research and remember that it is all about bringing glory to God.


One of my favorite speakers at the conference was Lysa TerKeurst. Remember here when I first mentioned her book When Women Say Yes to God. I finished the book before I went, and then had her sign my very worn copy. It is so strange that when I handed her the book to sign, I realized that the colors of her book cover reminded me of something. Take a look at my blog design done two years ago. Very similar except for the flowers. Pretty wierd since I had never seen this book before a few months ago. Lysa words spoke so close to my heart. I was encouraged and inspired.


All the speakers were real women with extraordinary stories of God's amazing grace on their lives. One of the women I met in RL was not a speaker, but instead my roomie. We have been friends for almost 2 years via blogging. She is an amazing godly woman and a gifted writer. We enjoyed our one on one talks as much as the conference. Springs of wisdom and God praises were constantly pouring forth from her mouth. Her name is Julie and she IS a writer! A published writer at that.

My other favorite new RL friend is Lynn. This beautiful lady is a dance teacher who has owned her own studio for many years. We met on the shuttle bus coming into Charlotte and became fast friends. She roomed with us the first night and we quickly became the three musketeers. She from TEXAS which helped us to form an immediate bond!
I could talk on and on about this wonderful conference and why I WILL be back next year, but I'm saving a little fun for future posts. This last picture sums up what first brought tears to my eyes as it was handed to me. It's just my name, but the 6 letter word under it represents the desires of my heart.



9 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

yea!!! I'm glad you are back and ready to write. OH man. He is a great God and only He can bring our talents and gifts to bring glory to him. He can take our fears and turn them into victory's!! You go girl!

DA Wagners said...

I'm glad you had fun and found friends to hang with during your stay! That always makes everything go easier. I bet you learned a ton. It's hard not to be overwhelmed by all the writers out there and all the ways to become a writer. I would just say be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and be the unique writer that God has created you to be!

Susan said...

I'm so happy and excited for you Susie that you got to attent this conference and that you are following the desire God had placed in your heart :o)
Susan

Julie said...

You are the best roomie ever, Susie, you hazelnut coffe lover!

I echo your sentiments about the She Speaks conference - but my favorite part, hands down, was our heart-to-heart talks.

You hold on tight to those writing dreams, girl, and watch what God will do!

Linda said...

It sounds just wonderful Susie. I wish I could have been there. I'm delighted you got to room with Julie. I think she's a very special lady.

Kelly said...

Your blog is so captivating! I love it. I am so excited to learn of your next step on the writing path. Good luck and God bless.

DeeDee said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear more!!

Megan Wagner said...

How wonderful to go to a conference that helps you with your dreams! I'll put your successful and fulfilling writing career on my prayer list!

Susan said...

Hey Susie,

Oh, I'm so blessed to read what an awesome time you had at the conference.

I try not to even think about my grammar or writing skills, or I would delete my entire BLOG!

For me, it's an avenue to share how wonderful the Lord has been to me and hopefully a jounal for my children's children to read one day.

I'm open however to learning more, I'll keep reading great blogs like yours.

Blessings♥