Nov 9, 2008

Did You Miss Me? Just Kidding

What a week! It was busy, productive, stressful, tiring, fun, and most of all awesome! We lauched a new church campus in Flour Bluff, and for those of you not in Corpus, it is only about 8 minutes away from our previous church location.

This weekend almost didn't happen because of some major setbacks. Many of our staff was fasting and believing for God to work out some big giants we were facing with a fire alarm which almost kept us from opening the doors this weekend. Not only did God show favor, we had an outstandingly smooth, and incredible first weekend.

What I learned this week is what a great group of people make up Real Life Fellowship. The pastors, the staff, and the volunteers gave so much time and effort for this new community we are trying to reach for Christ. I felt honored to be a part of it all.

I also stepped out of my comfort zone as I helped in the media dept. this weekend. I actually sat at a computer with a head set and changed the different backgrounds and used a switcher. I've never been so nervous in all my life. It was so amazing to watch what goes on behind the scenes. I don't think I'll ever take all the behind the scene techies for granted again. They are awesome!
Here is the front of our new building.

The outside of the bookstore as it was being stocked. Our coffee/cafe does not open until our grand opening in two weeks. I can't wait to order a cappucino or hot chocolate in the winter.

Thought you gals might like to see the bathroom. We still have some things to add here and there, but the colors and designs are beautiful! I love the floors!







The indoor playground is huge, but not quite finished. It is the biggest indoor playground in South Texas, or so I've been told. I'm trying out the giant slide for sure!





The green room for the musicians, and media people and me (hee hee). It is so cool and colorful.





Here is a shot of the sanctuary. I didn't get a shot of the stage because they had a bazillion people working on lights and lifts when I grabbed this shot of the auditorium.



Here is my Annie in one of the sitting areas in the atrium. I just thought this was a cute pose.


One of the biggest blessings of our new church is the youth area. My kids are so involved and absolutely love it. They have made some great friends through their life groups and Ashley has just started serving in the preschool area. I could not be prouder of their desire to get involved. I'm sure in another year Seth will be rockin out on stage with his guitar in the youth band. He already gets up extra early so he can go watch the band practice. I love this!


Here is the indoor basketball court. The youth also has a big recreation area with pool and ping pong tables. What a great place for them to fellowship in a safe environment.


As wonderful as this week has been, it has also been filled with some big prayer requests. My friend Debbie whose daughter was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with advanced leukemia is literally fighting for her life. Please join me in lifting her up in prayer. She is currently in very bad shape with her lungs bleeding, on a ventilator and completely unstable.


One of my BF's Laura who had a baby just a few weeks ago had to take baby Eli into the emergency room last night. He is having lots of pain and crying throughout the day due to digestive issues. They have found three holes in his heart, but that doesn't seem to be interfering with the pain in his tummy. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and for Eli to be healed from all that he is suffering from right now. I know Laura is so worried even though she puts up a great front. She is tired, and in need of peace. Laura has been through so much this year with the passing of her mother in May and two major moves, and I want more than anything for Jesus to bring her comfort and rest. She is such an amazing Godly girl who seeks the Lord with all her heart and knows he is in control of everything.


Also, my sweet friend Lori is flying to Africa tomorrow to adopt a son from Ghana. It has been a crazy time for my pastor and his wife and the process has not been easy. However, very soon they will have a new little boy to call son. May she have a safe journey and a problem free trip. We can't wait to meet you Apollo!


That is about it for now. I hope to be back to normal blogging soon. I have missed writing and visiting everyone's blogs so much, but I should have some free time this week. Skip is even taking a well deserved day off tomorrow!







16 comments:

Christina Ketchum said...

Okay, that is a rockin' church!!!!

Susan said...

The church is absolutely awesome!!!! I can only imagine how excited you are.

Will prayer for the 3 requests.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Susie the pictures look great, and really bring back some memories. It makes me miss not really having a home church right now for the kids to get involved in. I will be praying for all of the ladies. Thank you for keeping me up to date.

BrittenRoost said...

Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your new church. As a believing body, it is always so refreshing to see how other churches are utilizing their building space. I was surprised how almost similar it is to our church, The Rock, in Monroe, WA. Be blessed.
Katie Jean

Debbie said...

It looks amazing Susie! Can't wait to come visit it and you in a few weeks!!!

Please know I am in prayer for all your friends!

Love ya,

Debbie

The Glow Girls said...

I wanna come to church with you. That looks awesome!!!!
Making a trip to corpus? Girl, let me move into my house first. Then I will come. Or better yet I will fly your little tush here to help me decorate the place.
Laura, She is forever in my prayers. I'm so exctied for Lori. ahh, man, I know where she is right now with traveling and meeting her son. Debbie, in my prayers. I can't wait to visit RLF. It looks awesome.

About Nancy said...

Thank you for the tour of your church building. May the Lord abundantly bless and protect your congregation.

Anonymous said...

Susie- everything looks awesome! Laura told me how great it is, and she's right! Ya'll have a lot to be proud of- most of all for everyone obeying God's direction and putting such hard work in!

DA Wagners said...

We drove past the church last Sunday and it was packed! So excited to see what God is doing in my old church, where I happened to meet my husband! Real Life reminds me so much of a book I just finished reading, "Who Stole my Church." It's about how God wants to constantly do new things in churches,in order to stay relevant to the current culture. God's people need only be obedient to change! It's all for the expansion of His kingdom! Very cool stuff!!! I'll be praying for you guys!

Shawna said...

Wow. I am floored by what your church has to offer. Congratulations on all going smoothly.

I pray God touches each need that you mentioned, friend.

DeeDee said...

Whoa! I love, love, love the green room! I'm so excited for you guys!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading your post! You have had a tremendous amount of activity this week. That new building is amazing! We don't have anything like that around here (VA).

Lots of special prayer requests, too. God is a good and He knows of their needs.

Nice to meet you!
Sonya

Robin said...

It looks amazing! And I know the excitement of opening a new campus. Cant wait to see what God has in store for RLF!!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, that is quite a new church...Congratulations God Bless!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new church!
it looks great!

i have a question for you,
if you could please email me
at
lilallstar24@comcast.net

i would really appreciate it!
thanks!

Anonymous said...

Susie, I did miss you! Loved the pictures of your church ... just amazing! Glad to hear the kids are happy and connected. I am praying for the friends mentioned.