Dec 12, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

There is no way I am getting Christmas cards done this year, so I am calling this post my official Christmas card to you. I haven't even bought one gift yet, so my time is going to be spent tracking down some really good deals over the next two weeks. I pray peace, joy and Christ's love to all of you this Christmas.

This year has been good. It is so nice to see those words written on my blog. Seasons of trials are never fun, but trust me when I say that God is working even when we don't understand. I read over last year's Christmas post and even though things are still stabilizing, we are in such a better place as a family.

I am thrilled with all that God is doing in the lives of each of my children. The tuition I pay for private school is really putting a pinch on things, but when I see them excelling and enjoying their environment so much, it warms my heart more than anything. It also reminds me that I may eventually get a new car in the year 2020.

Here are Seth and Annie right before they left for their school's Christmas program.

Annie was belting out "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." She was so nervous even though she was singing with a group of children. She looked so pretty and always had a huge smile on her face.


Probably the biggest blessing of the year has been my son coming into his own in junior high. He has found a love for music and literally plays non-stop everyday. He loves keyboard, but his passion is electric guitar. Skip and I held back tears as we saw him rocking out on stage for Jesus. He tends to gravitate towards bands like Queen and Guns and Roses for guitar licks, but thankfully his school lets them play contemporary worship music which does have a lot of guitar. The band leaders are young and have such a heart for God that I know Seth is in excellent hands to develop his talent. It doesn't hurt that he can jam out with his daddy each night too.


Our oldest Ashley is having a wonderful year at Annapolis Christian Academy. This school is so challenging for her, but she is pushing through with flying colors. She was reading a greek paragraph the other night, but it all sounding greek to me. Hee hee. Seriously, she loves the teachers, the courses (especially drama), and the friendships she has made.


To conclude this very long Christmas post, I want to give God the most praise for our new church family. Skip has a job there, but they have reached out to us like a family. I am so proud of the pastors, the staff and the volunteers who make it such a honor to be apart of the Real Life Fellowship team. We had our new campus opening this past week and we were blown away by God's blessings. We more than doubled our attendance and gave away 80 bibles. I can't wait to see how many will come to know Christ at RLF Flour Bluff and will begin to make changes in their lives to honor God.


If you are in Corpus or the surrounding area, we are having our Christmas Eve Services on Dec. 23rd at 7:00pm, Dec. 24th at 2:30, 4:00, 5:30 and 7:00 pm. We would love to have you join us for a Christmas Experience you won't want to miss!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend!

Debbie said...

I loved reading this! I love the card and the pictures of the kids. Seth looks like a pro! I can't wait to spend time with all of you at Christmas. Love ya!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love your Christmas pict! I just need to print it up and put it on my fridge :) I am way behind on my Christmas shopping- maybe we can get together and make a dent in our list (and wallets). Rich and Briannah were talking about Seth's guitar playing the other day. We missed the Christmas program, but I heard he is really good. You have every reason to be proud. Hope he doesn't have too many groupies (he-he).

Susanne said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Susie. Love the card.

Your son looks very much like you.

DA Wagners said...

Such musical children! They all are such handsome kids! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Ms. Kathleen said...

A beautiful Christmas card! After mailing packages this year but card list is being cut way back. Hugs!

Unknown said...

awww so cute, love all the pictures. Your kids are growing too fast. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Luv you all :)