Apr 14, 2009

Catching Up

Top Five Things That Have Taken Me Away From My Blog Lately

1. I have been spending way too much time just "getting by" in life. I don't know if it is all the catching up from the turns in life, or what. We are now on a family plan which includes budgeting, goals, and making some huge changes in the way we live. A lot of it is not blog worthy talk, but my life none the less.

2. Found I love Facebook and keeping up with friends that way.

3. Written tons of post, but my right before I hit publish, I delete. God is showing me that not everything needs to be for everyone. If it will benefit you and glorify Him, then yes, I want to share.

4. Lots of focus on helping my husband to be the best at what he does. I find that there is great joy in seeing someone you love excel. Since God hasn't given me clear direction on what things he wants to do through me, then I am happy to do for others. I guess that is in effect working His goodness through me.

5. Enjoying my children, my church, and where life is today.

I do hope to start blogging more and writing about the ins and outs of life. This blog was started several years ago as a family journal and a way to encourage women in their faith. I think filling up with God's word and living obedience out on a daily basis is what is going to keep me doing just that.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Neen wondering where you'd been. Gkad you posted and updated us.
Susan

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

susie, i am right there with you. In fact, on every point I can say, "Yep me too!" GOd is teaching me so much and through this process I find that there are somethings not blog worthy. so glad that we are friends in FB so we can keep up. Happy Tuesday!

Julie Gillies said...

I hear you, Susie. Life sure happens, and sometimes it's all I can do to keep up with everything. The first thing to go is my weekly blog post, though I'm trying hard to keep that going.

You keep enjoying your husband, children, church and life. Your priorities are in the right place.

(((hugs)))

Sue said...

All very good reasons Susie! I found for myself that after a while blogging just for blogging sake wasn't cutting it for me either. I felt God telling me to be more intentional in my blog too.

God bless you and your blog writing! I'll be back to read ;-)

The Tooley Times said...

Hi Susie. While doing my quiet time this morning, I was reading in Mark 11 when Jesus cleared the temple:

15 "On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'[c]? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.'[d]"
________________________________

Your church came to mind...You took a place that was once a marketplace and turned it into a Holy place. Completely cool! May God continue to bless you and yours. -CAT :)

小小彬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.