Jul 12, 2010

I'm Still Here

Not even sure why I still have this blog, but on rare occasions there are things I like to journal and share. This summer has been one without big trips or vacations of a lifetime, but I feel more blessed this summer than ever before. Here are a few things that have been going on in Summer of 2010 that I will treasure and want to remember.

1. Family/Pastor retreat to Roddy Tree in the Texas Hill Country. Nothing more fun than hanging out all day with friends and family: swimming, canoeing, dancing, talking, and always eating.

2. 4 days a week of Zumba throughout the summer with the most amazing friends and best instructors who have made my workouts often the highlight of my day.

3. My beautiful daughter turning 16 and sharing it together with her sister, her best friend and one of my best friends.

4. Baking...A LOT! Can't even tell you all the things I've baked this year-so fun!

5. Family reunion with the Hollanders (my mother's family). A day filled with lots of fun, food and fellowship.

6. Lunch dates, cook outs, and Lifegroup with my girlfriends. Truly sharing life with girls who love Jesus as much as I do is a JOY!

7. Celebrating my 18th Wedding Anniversary with my very best friend and the man of my dreams was definitely a highlight. No fancy gifts, but a nice fancy dinner out and a short walk on the beach (he hates the beach by the way).

8. Knowing that we have one more month of making memories before the school bells ring again.

2 comments:

Crissy said...

You have been busy!

Unknown said...

You have been busy! I really love your blog! :)