Jul 22, 2006

Hip Saga Continues....day 4...

Hello everyone. It is Saturday and we are still in Austin recovering. Usually patients would go home today, but Skip is still having difficulty with getting up and down even with two people helping. I wish I would have worked out with weights a little more ahead of time. We are in the process of trying to get to a rehabilitation facility closer to home. They think he will need two or three days of inpatient therapy to work on normal getting around stuff. He had about 5 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep last night which really helped. Mentally this is so taxing on Skip. He hates relying on others for everything. I think that a lesson is emerging for sure. God is absolutely working on this amazing man and I can't wait to see what glory He brings to pass. If anyone out there wants to know what they can do to help, we need prayer for sure. We need to pray our insurance will provide a hospital bed when we get home(he needs the functions they provide as well as rails to hold onto to get out), we need to find a place for Skip to rehab near home or in Victoria(where grandparents are), and for Skip's pain to be more manageable. I know God will bring all of this about in His perfect timing. He has already provided me with so much patience and strength to give to Skip.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Susie, there's so much prayer going on out here for so many people who need it right now, it will be no problem whatsoever to add Skip. I'm sorry he's having such a rough time. Surely it will get better soon.

Susie said...

Thanks Barb! You are right about all the needs out there. I was amazed at all the surgeries and prayer needs. It is a good thing we have a big God! Things are looking up and I am believing God will be glorified through all our circumstances.

Anonymous said...

Susie, you hang in there. I'm sure you are dealing with alot of stress and tiredness as well. Jeff and I have Skip on the top of our prayer list everyday. That man of yours brings so much passion and love and encourgement through his songs and music everytime we are at church. A awesome song is going to come out of it. I went to see OverFlow last night and it was awesome and the song that they sing "cry on my shoulder" is awesome and I just want you to know that God is with both of you, He is your shelter. I understand the toll this is for you and for Skip I see and feel it with my mom and I've gone through simlar situations with my own husband. Just remember that God is your shelter and you call on HIM every moment if you have to. I can't wait to see you both.
all my love Tiff