Aug 9, 2006

The Dreaded School Supply Shopping Trip

There are two major activities that I really dread as the school year approaches. One is taking the kids to buy new shoes, and the other is shopping for school supplies. Now let me assure you when my first child went to pick out crayons and scissors, it was a family affair. I think we even used the video camera. It was an outing I longed to enjoy with her. We took our time down each isle with hugs and smiles to boot. Now that I have a first grader, a fourth grader, and a seventh grader(ouch, that hurts to say), it is a whole new experience. Last year I decided to take one at a time and make it special. Bad idea! I was so exhausted after the first outing that I decided to do the last two at the same time. This year I only made one trip with the oldest and we got it done in record time. Well, except for the fact that HEB Plus was Minus a few items on the list. I'll probably hit Target next to fill in the gaps, not to mention to look for those new shoes, uggh!

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

I too still have the dreaded trip of buying school supplies... Yippy Skippy... NOT

Shawna said...

Thought I'd drop by and hi. I hope your husband gets better very soon.