Aug 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Liana!


I don't usually post a friend's birthday on my blog, but this is a very special friend and a very special birthday. Liana is one of my spiritual mentors who encourages me like no other. She is a dedicated wife, a phenomenal mother, a gifted author, and a treasured friend to many. I don't think there is another person who has helped me along in my Christian walk more than this lady. I feel so blessed to have such a special friend. Even though you are out of the country for a couple of years, I know you are never more than an email or a very expensive phone call away. This will be Liana's first birthday in a foreign land (she moved only a few days ago), and I would love anyone who can to send prayers her way as she begins a new exciting chapter of her life. This picture was taken of us at a going away party two years ago right before she left Corpus-she has moved twice since then for her husband's job. Thank you Liana for being my sweet sister in Christ!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Liana sounds like a very special friend. You must hate being separated from her. I think it's really nice you're saying happy birthday to her this way.

The Glow Girls said...

Let her know Happy Birthday from me as well, next time you talk to her. I had no idea that they were moving to a foreign land. Where? Give her my love. This is a great picture of both of you. What a way to have a celebration on the water. I will have to keep that in mind!

Anonymous said...

Susie

I can't tell you how extremely surprised I was to go to your blog and see your post for the day! It truly blessed my heart and thank you doesn't begin to cover it! I am blessed by your friendship, encouraged by your faithfulness, and awed by your beauty, both inside and out. I am so grateful for the gift God has given to me in you. Despite the distance between us physically, you will always be close in heart. Thank you for the best birthday present surprise! Love ya, Liana

Padre Reeds said...

Great pic! As a guy I must ask the burning question that strikes any guy when he sees a pic of anyone he knows on a boat...
........'ja catch any fish?

SunJane said...

I love these kind of blogs! It's like a little insight into the writer and the people who have had impact on them. She sounds special and I have already prayed for her adventure.
-sunny

Wendy said...

Hi Susie, Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading.

Donnetta said...

What a sweet birthday tribute! She sounds like a GREAT friend!