Feb 19, 2007

Definitely a 5 Star Movie


Bridge to Terabithia was a wonderful movie for adults and especially for the kids. I am embarrassed to say that I don't remember reading this book as a child. I think I may have read it for a college literature class at A&M, but I'm not sure. We had President's Day off from school today, so the kids and I took in an afternoon matinee. Skip was a little disappointed that we didn't wait for him to see it, but I'm sure this will be on our Christmas DVDs to buy next year. Here is a great Christian review if you are interested.
Seth update:
Our morning consisted of a very long appointment at the gastroenterologist. He is doing several blood tests and a stool test to see if they can determine Seth's malabsorption problem. In the meantime, he suggested that we continue to give Seth smaller, more frequent meals. I am continuing to juice for him which I feel has helped him to feel better already. He weighed 54lbs. today at the doctor's office and he is 53 inches tall. That is pretty thin for a 10 yr. old boy. The doctor didn't seem that concerned about his weight and thought Seth looked overall pretty healthy from an outward observation. We will find out more at our next appt. which is scheduled in 3 weeks. Once again, thank you for the prayers and support.

8 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

Yeah for Seth! You are doing good. I'm sending prayers left and right for you as a mom and for Seth.

Jillian is reading the book. She wants to go see it when she is done.She has Task test today. Yuck!! Is that why I homeschooled. SHe is doing the writing part today. See you soon.

Kelly said...

I am still praying for Seth and your family for strength.

ALso, I enjoyed Bridge to Terabithia very much, as well! It had me crying.

Shawna said...

I hate that Seth is having to have all these tests, but I am glad he is doing good. I am sure the doctors will get to the bottom of it. Hang in there.

I was just reading about this movie from Plugged In Online from Focus on the Family. I have never read the book.

Linda said...

Thanks for the update on Seth Susie. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I'll continue to pray for a good report.
I never read that either, but the movie sounds good. I love to go to the movies and there are so few worth seeing anymore. So it's always nice to hear about a good one.

Barb said...

I'm sorry Seth has to have all this testing done but it does sound like the juicing is helping him. And of course you want to get to the bottom of this. It's very encouraging that his doctor thinks he looks good and healthy - some kids are just really thin, you know? I know we all want to find out that Seth is OK, but seriously, thin is probably better than being overweight like so many kids his age are these days.

He's in my prayers, of course.

Anonymous said...

I should check this out. Heard about this movie and book, but never saw or read it.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Janice said...

We have thought about going and seeing this movie. Thanks for the review. I recently went and seen music and lyrics but it was a little on the slow side but we went to the matinee so at least we did not pay full price.
Hey my blog address has changed in case you can't get to my blog.
It is now myeverydaylifewithgod.blogspot.com
Anyway, I will keep your son in our prayer's. Have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Hey Susie,

I know this is an older post, but I saw "Bridge to Tarabithia" tonight and I bawled! I did just cry, it was "Steel Magnolias" cry! I don't think I would saw this, if you hadn't recommended it! I never saw the ending coming!

I love you,

Debbie