Since it is Valentine's Day, I am doing my Thankful Thursday in honor of my special Valentine-Skip.
1. I'm thankful Skip is a fighter. There are so many things I have seen this man go through in life and triumph. He shows me that there is no obstacle we can't face head on with God on our side.
2. I'm thankful for his affection. Oh man, is he ever affectionate!
3. I'm thankful that he is off the charts creative. He's artistic, musically talented, and so funny with the things he comes up with on a daily basis.
4. I'm thankful that he forgives easily. He has always been that way. Praise God!
5. I'm thankful that he follows God and isn't afraid to go on new adventures. It really makes
life much more interesting.
6. I'm thankful the man CAN COOK! He probably cooks on the average 6 out of 7 nights a week. Don't be too jealous girls, he doesn't do dishes. Well, he has done them about 5 times in our 15 years of marriage. (Not that I'm counting or anything). And his meals are always delicious!
7. I'm thankful that he doesn't snore. I was a little worried the first time I met his father, and heard him snoring in his recliner while taking a nap. Praise God the snoring gene was not passed on.
8. I'm thankful that he is faithful to me, to his family, to his friends, and especially to God!
9. I'm thankful that he always lights up any room. It is so funny that he has such a way about him that people want to be near him. My kids would always rather hang out with him, and I love that! Ask anyone that knows him, the guy is hilarious.
10. I'm thankful that among all the wonderful things above, Skip is a flawed individual in need of a Saviour. He will be the first to say, it is by God's grace that he is who he is today.
If you have things for which you are thankful for this week and would like to join in on Thankful Thursday, just go here and leave your link. Blessings to you all, and Happy Valentine's Day!