Apr 7, 2008

Getting in Touch with my Inner Teen

What do Paramore, Jonas Brothers, Ashley Tisdale, Aly and AJ and Hannah Montana all have in common? These are the choices I basically had when I took my teen's Ipod with me for a walk this morning. At first I was frustrated, then I was annoyed, and then I actually found a few upbeat songs with a pretty good message. Paramore is one of Ashley's favorite new bands, and the song "We Are Broken" really spoke to me about our youth of today. I also found Hannah Montana's "Nobody's Perfect" made me want to walk faster and even made me smile a bit. She also had some Toby Mac, Newsboys, and Superchick which gave me some choices of Christian Rock I already love listening to on my Itunes.


I really want to understand my teen as she matures, and to encourage her likes and dislikes. However I do draw the line on putting up Jonas Brothers posters in my room although Ashley would love them all over the house. She is a tad obsessed! I was the exact way with Simon and John from Duran Duran when I was a teen. Actually, that obsession still carries on just a tad. Just kidding.....kind of. Not that I've even thought about them in the last 20 years or so. See this post here.


If Ashley is already falling for musicians, she may have something in common with her mama who happened to marry this hot rock star. Here are pics of Skip in the late 80's and early 90's.









I had to throw in a fairly recent one of him just because I miss him and wanted to see him when I look at my blog.












3 comments:

MissyT said...

Hello my friend... I've read about your recent changes, and am sorry this is a difficult time for you guys in transition, but I know great things are in store for you guys. I hope you know I think of you often. You are a great mama, wife, friend, and child of God. Write or call if you ever wanna talk or need a friend, k. Love, Melissa (melissaetoney@yahoo.com)

The Glow Girls said...

I'm so with you on music. Jonah brothers are the rage at our house and all that you listed as well.
Oh my. I"ve got them on my IPOD as well. Help us now!! Between you and me, I sort of dig some of their song choices. SHHHH! Don't tell them that.

Shawna said...

I have found a large number of good songs from my oldest son. And we have introduced him to some good ones, too. He is learning to play the guitar, my husband is singing at church and may pick up the bass at some point. We are musically and ministry minded at the moment here.