Jun 13, 2008

Fun Night, Lame Movie

Tonight Skip and I had another couple over for dinner, and two of our guy friends who had their wives out of town. I decided to make Barb's Pizza Spaghetti Casserole. Okay, technically it's Southern Living's recipe, but I found it on Barb's site. It was delicious and very filling with garlic bread and a big salad. We didn't have a lot of time to prepare the meal or really enjoy the company because we were on a tight schedule to all go see The Happening together. Guess what? The Happening WAS NOT HAPPENING! It was actually the worst show I've seen in a very long time. I love most of M. Night Shyamalan's movies, so I was extremely disappointed. Save your money...PLEASE.

We came back home and made a quick pound cake and drank some delicious coffee. Our friend's recently got back from an Alaskan Cruise and we loved seeing all the gorgeous pictures. The beautiful surroundings made Skip and I long to go to Colorado again. We haven't been in two years which is like forever to us. Estes Park is our favorite place on Earth. We have so many wonderful memories there. Skip fly fishes in the most awesome streams and brooks. We are trying to figure out how to get there this summer sometime after his surgery. In the early years of our marriage we would put money in a gas envelope for our trip. I remember thinking it was so crazy that it took $150 in gas money to get there and back. We figured on a calculator tonight that if we went right now, the cost would be about $800 for the gas. It sounds unbelievable, I know. Even worse would be airfare for five people. Wow, we better start saving.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

The Glow Girls said...

I saw that dish on Barbs site. I'll have to make it as well. Couples dinner and a movie and coffee and poundcake afterwards. My heart longs for that. I have not had an evening like that in a long time. Just have to get fly boy home long anough to enjoy such an evening. Sorry about the movie, but it sounds like you all made up for it with friends and fellowship. Good for you.