Jun 18, 2008

Need Some Prayer?


I have been so caught up in my own agenda lately, that my prayer time and bible study have been pretty minimalistic. I have also not had much inspiration to write either. Wonder why...hum? I know it is because my time with the Father is what gives me inspiration, ideas, and desires to write things to pass on to others. I know it is difficult to do a structured study this summer, but I am going to try to read a devotional or two each day. I found several unpacking a box the other day, and they are perfect.


During my time of prayer earlier, I felt the need to lift up a couple of things to you. First of all, my dear mother-in-law has had some stomach pain and issues for over a week now, and is still not feeling better. We are hoping to hear some news from the doctor soon. She is such a wonderful lady, and our family needs her healthy and well. Second, I was able to spend a lot of time with my daddy in Victoria yesterday while awaiting the arrival of his first great grandchild, and my first great niece. He asked for prayer for my grandmother who is struggling with the illness of my grandfather which has never improved. She does not want to let him go, but he is really suffering and he may not have much longer. We continue to pray for healing. Lastly, I pray for financial provision for so many I know struggling to make ends meet right now. I wish I could say that it is not a worry of my own, but everything keeps going up in price. I pray for God's provision for our family and for your's. If you have a special prayer request as you are reading this, I would love to pray for you today.


Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

*Please also pray for my sweet friend Julie who is suffering from pluerisy and wants desperately to make it to the She Speaks conference which starts on Friday. She is also going to be my roomie. I am praying for quick healing!

3 comments:

annieology said...

Susie,

We are asking for prayer for the same thing. Our babies to be adopted. There is a court hearing on July 8th, we are praying that they will ask for and get termination. I have spoken to two CPS workers involved in the case. One is pro-termination, the other feels that the judge will "return" (they have never lived with her) the kids to Mama if she still has her job, even though it will barely be a month since she got the job.
The county is getting pressured by the state to resolve this case as it is violating state law which states permanancy must be established in 18 months. We would like to believe that the laws would be carried out, but since that has never been the case here it is cause for concern. It is quite possible the judge would be offended that someone is telling him what to do and give them to Mama to prove he has the power to decide.

I know you probably already pray for them anytime they come to mind, and we appreciate every prayer said on their behalf.
love you

Susie said...

Annie, of course we will continue to pray for you and those sweet children of yours. You are all they know as Mom, and to take them away now is unimaginable. You and Han are such great parents, and I will pray that God intervenes and gives you the final termination you need. I can't believe this is still going on for you after years. Hang in there, and hang on to Jesus.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Susie, I am so sorry to hear about Noni and Popi, as well as your MIL. I have wondered how N & P have been and I hate to hear that he is suffering or that she is having to ready to miss him! I wish I knew you IRL. You have such a kind, tender, compassionate heart for others - (and you are a ton of fun to boot!) How kind of you, in all of your own struggles, to ask others if you can pray for them. I like you, you know that? The kind of person you are. And I consider you a friend, even if it is through the monitor of a computer until Heaven. I would like to lift up these requests for you whenever they come to mind. And since you are willing - we need financial prayer as well. Plus strength for our marriage. God has blessed it so much lately and I want it to continue. Thanks friend. And whether in cyberspace or face to face, that's how I view you. A friend. It's a blessing to "know" you.