Jan 20, 2009

I Want A Challenge!

One of my favorite songs I must admit is Avril Lavigne's "Anything But Ordinary". It is kind of my theme song at the moment. I am definitely no advocate for the rocker rebel girl, but something in that song really resonates with how I have felt at different times in my life. I'm kind of feeling that way now and I know why. Everything is going good...marriage, kids, church, etc. The problem with normal is that it can get boring if you aren't doing what you are designed by God to do.

I am about to start a new bible study in a couple of weeks that will hopefully help this funk I'm in. I'm doing Beth Moore's Esther. I have 7 or so girls signed up from my church so far which I've never ever met before, and in my home. I've always known at least a few of the girls I'm leading. Am I scared? Absolutely, but scary is an adventure and something new.

So far this year I'm eating good, reading and studying God's word, hanging out with friends, but I'm also wasting way too much time with Facebook and Twitter. I need some REAL LIFE excitement and I can't sit and wait for someone else to figure out what that is for me. Believe me, if I say that to Skip, he will have me serving during every service in his ministry that I have no desire or passion for.

I need to prayerfully ask God exactly what it is that I can do for His glory. Maybe it is going back to school for another degree-(possibly counseling?), maybe it is taking a writing course, or maybe it is volunteering somewhere locally. Maybe it is taking what I'm already doing to a whole other level. I'm not real sure what He will say, but I certainly won't know until I start asking Him.

This reflective mood may just be PMS, but then again maybe God is making me uncomfortable because he wants to do something new in me. Will you pray for me? I would so appreciate it! I love you friends and hope that you are not buying into the ordinary life, but instead shooting for the Extraordinary. I certainly don't have it figured out, and I'm right there with ya:)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I'll be praying for you. I understand that feeling and please pray for me as well. I know God has so much more for both of us!

Susan said...

Oh I would LOVE to be close enough to sit in on your Bible study. I could be Grandma to all of you...but we could learn together. I appreciate your attitude in this post, Susie.
Susan

Robin said...

Oh, I definitely think you may have another blog in the works soon. =) We really need to visit soon.

Regardless of what it is, I will add this to my prayer list!

The Glow Girls said...

Girl, going to that next level is where you should go. You've have talked about going back to school since I"ve known you and even writing more. Take you laptop go to starbucks, B&N and learn all you can. You are in my prayers. God has something great for you and for me. He is just asking us to go the next level with him.
Have my first bible study this morning. I'm ready to do some
" Stepping Up". Your already there doing what you love. Just like you said, step it up.

Shawna said...

Wow, Susie, I'd have to say that I sensed this restlessness in you, even while you sound so content and happy. I could tell you wanted to be doing more.

I will pray for you, and I am sure God will reveal His plans for you very soon. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Linda said...

I think this restlessness is perhaps the Lord stirring something in your heart. I am excited to see what the Lord has for you - specially fitted just for Susie. I pray that as you seek Him, He will give you clear direction. I pray for wisdom and understanding and the peace that comes from knowing you are in the center of His will.