May 3, 2009

Such an Amazing Night: Jaci Velasquez, Salvador and CircleSlide

What an amazing night of worship! Corpus Christi was treated to a concert by Christian recording artists Jaci Velasquez, Salvador and CircleSlide Friday night at Real Life Fellowship Church.


Here is front man Nic Gonzalez of Salvador taking the stage. They played some of my favorites such as "How Far is Heaven", "Shine" and "Aware." The whole crowd was on their feet as Salvador brought down the house, or I guess that would be church.

Jaci played all my favorites and blew everyone away with her phenomenal vocals on songs like "Lay It Down", "On My Knees", and "God So Loved". There are so many memories of my walk with God in her songs that I couldn't hold back the tears, especially during "Lay it Down." Even my 12 yr old son (who had no idea who she was) loved her!

Okay, this is my new favorite picture. Isn't it cool that I was able to meet someone face to face who has sung to me about my Heavenly Father so many times in my ipod. She was precious! Jaci has two little boys and one is only 8 weeks old. She also happens to be married to Salvador's lead singer Nic Gonzalez.


Nic was awesome to take a moment to chat with my son Seth and take a picture. This guy is not only a extraordinary musician and vocalist, he is madly in love with his wife and kids and talked about them constantly throughout the show. Can't wait to see all the great things ahead for Salvador and Jaci Velasquez. If you would like to check out their sites go here and here for more info.

Last, but certainly not least, we have the opening act of the concert. CircleSlide was OFF THE HOOK! I had never heard of this group before, but me, along with everyone in attendance, became instant fans. They quickly sold out of all their cds and special orders had to be taken on the spot. They are a christian rock band that I'm sure you will be hearing more from soon. I got to hang out with lead singer Gabe Martinez's sweet wife Debbie and quickly saw their passion for reaching people for Christ through their music. My son Seth was blown away by Gabe's guitar and harmonica sounds that left everyone on their feet wanting to hear more. Gabe also took time to talk with my son and everyone in attendance. Great guy and great band!
Go here to check out their music.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my goodness... what a GREAT concert. I'm so excited for you that you got to meet Jaci! How special for you :-)

What amazing memories to hold on to!

Michelle said...

It was so nice to meet you tonight. I will now begin the "get to know you through blogging" stage of our relationship *smile* and look forward to Paula Dean 2010!!