Jun 12, 2009

New Movie for Matt and Someone's Turning One

My nephew Matt has had a very big week! To begin with he was cast in an upcoming family film called Furry Vengeance and he will be starring alongside of Brendan Fraser. It sounds like a fun and silly movie for the whole family. Matt is a natural comedian, and I can't wait to see him on the big screen again.

Matt also had the opportunity yesterday to throw out the first pitch at the Houston Astros/Cubs game. We weren't able to make it, but my sister said he did great and got it over the plate. I'm waiting to watch it as soon as she gets a copy. What a cool experience for Matt who has been a big Astros fan since he was a young boy. He and his family have always made an effort to go support the Texas team.

One last special thing happening is my sweet great nephew Deacon is turning one. His mommy and daddy are the best parents and are raising a precious little guy. I'm looking forward to celebrating with all the family at his first birthday party.

***Prayer request-Skip is having a horrible headache today, and my father-in-law isn't feeling well and having several tests done.

4 comments:

Sue said...

How exciting for your nephew. My hubby & I watched HSM3 (and 1&2 too) and I do remember your nephew from the movie. How cool to connect the dots ;-)

What a treat for him to be able to throw out that first pitch.

I will say a quick prayer for Skip & your fil tonight as I go. God bless

Michelle said...

How neat for your nephew! Are you getting settled back in at your house?

Shawna said...

Congrats to Matt and Happy Birthday to Deacon!

I hope Skip and your FIL are doing better now, Susie.

Huda Sahri said...

I AM A UBER HUGE FAN OF YOUR NEPHEW! may sound awkward but im obsessed with him since the first time i saw him on HSM3 :x
and yes, thats very long. STILL obsessed, can deny :x
send regards,
xoxo
Huda