Oct 7, 2009

Top 10 Things Keeping Me Away From This Blog


1. FAMILY I think that as my kids get older, we spend even more quality time together than we did when they were little. They are such fun kids! They actually want to hang out with me and Skip on the weekends and to go places with us. Hope this continues.

2. FACEBOOK Do I even need to explain to you friends? Probably should have been number one. It is my dream social networking tool. I love to connect to people, to encourage, to share what God is doing in the lives of my family and those I love. Facebook lets me do it all, and then some. Trying to stay away from anything that ends in "Ville", but it still keeps me pretty busy just the same. How fun is talking to your sweet friends from high school and to see that you all finally got back on track with God. Love it.

3. Bible Study Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself takes time. Time I LOVE, but time away from writing nonetheless. This study is one I wasn't sure about doing because it is old, and I felt it probably wouldn't challenge me as much as others I had done. Boy was I wrong. I am on a new high from all the knowledge God is pouring into these hours of study. Will I ever feel like I'm on my way, I sure hope not. And don't even get me started on my precious new bible study friends. I am humbled, completely humbled by their sweetness.

4. Hubby If I do anything right in this life, I want it to be being an awesome wife to Skip. I feel like God helps me do this because I truly seek His wisdom every day on being Skip's helpmate. I cannot believe how much I love this man, and want to see him succeed in his ministry, his fatherhood and his life.

5. Serving at the Schools If you know me, I am not a leader type. But...I will help wherever there is a need. Man, there is a ton of needs going on at our schools right now. Rummage sales, Laps for Learning, Prayer groups, bake sales, and the list goes on. I know I am beyond privileged to stay home, so I want to do what I can to serve for those who can't.

6. Talking What a joy to have a family that is only a phone call away. My family and I have been in such close contact over the last few months due to lots of struggles many of us has had to face recently. We pray together, share life, encourage each other, and laugh. I wish we lived in the same town, but I love that when we do get together, it is intentional.

7. Exercising Well, actually that was keeping me away for about two weeks, but it has unfortunately not been happening in the last week or so. Why does working out have to be such work. Ugh, I'm not good at it AT ALL.

8. Reading I don't know why I've been on such a reading kick lately. I still don't do it as much as I'd like, but I do take time each day to indulge myself.

9. Acting and Helping My Man Hehe, nothing that you would probably ever see unless you go to Real Life Fellowship Church. Skip and I have done two funny video skits for our relationship series and I secretly LOVE IT! I could never stand on a stage and speak in front of people, but somehow talking on video doesn't bother me at all. I'll try to post the videos on here in case you aren't my facebook friend. Btw, if you aren't my Facebook friend, why not?

10. Working on Some Fruit Fruit, as in Fruit of the Spirit is a main goal of mine to work on this fall season. I want to especially hone in on self-control and patience. Oh boy, can I also get some help with love. I have a tendency to be way too judgmental and I'm plain sick of it. God is helping me already, but I have a long way to go. Learning to walk in the Spirit is what the Living Beyond Yourself bible study is teaching me. Confessing what needs to be confessed first thing in the morning is my struggle right now. Often there is so much that comes to mind, it is a lot to take in. I know it is going to get easier, but for now, I need lots of prayer time.

Okay, now you know where I've been. This blog has always been a personal journal, and I'm glad I took some time to write out why I'm not writing on it. Love that I'll probably look back in 5 or 10 years and laugh at what I said on October 7, 2009. It's good to laugh. Speaking of laughing, I hear the kids doing just that in the other room. Off to see what I missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good reasons!

Kathleen Frangeskos said...

Hi,
I found your blog from Faith Imagined...
Very nice, witty and uplifting!
Keep up the great work too!

I also adore Jesus and have created a blog devoted to HIM. If you care to visit, please go to
Jesus Knows You Best. blogspot.com

I hope to visit again soon.
Sincerely,
K. Frangeskos at
Jesus Knows You Best

Teresa said...

Beautifully written....fun!
I found you as you commented on Faith Imagined's site....
~ Teresa

Sue said...

What a great list Susie! I don't blame you one bit for not posting as often ;-) Enjoy each moment!