Sep 15, 2006

Just Say No!

I am going to try (and I do mean try) to give up coffee and cokes for one month. Why? Because I think that those two things are causing my gradual weight gain of the summer. Skip says it might be all the desserts I've had lately, but I'm not buying that. I have always had a dessert here and there, but I have not always drank as much coffee as I have lately. I know that coffee is not fattening, but when you use almost 3 tablespoons of hazelnut Creamer as I do, believe me-it's fattening! I did not post this yesterday for fear of failure my first day. I did it! I am not counting my Red Bull (sugar-free) in this diet I've created. It only has ten calories and I only have one a day. The rest of the day will be water. This may not be hard for some of you die-hard water drinkers, but for me it is huge. I never drink water, ever. Well, I take that back. I do drink water right after I work out, which is only 2 to 3 times a week (if I'm doing good). Okay, anyone else up for the challenge? Skip said, "No way, are you crazy?" I guess I may have to go it alone. I'll let you know if I succeed, or if I cave under the pressure of my bible study ladies drinking it right in front of me.

6 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

AHHHH!!!! For coffee, a little trick is cut the coffee to half of regular and decaf. I"ve had the best coffee that way. As far as the creamer it's just 2% milk all the way. The only time I use the pretty creamers is when I'm at your house. HA!HA!HA! As far as cokes. Good luck on that one. I"ve got to have my coke. Another idea is eat a really good breakfast. And remember you can always borrow my baby gates. I'm here for you sister. If you want I will personally ground you some awesome coffee.

Pamela said...

I see you have a sweet caring sister. lol Giving up the soda will really help. Unfortunately, I have been there, in fact, I have gone as much as 6 mo's without my diet coke and drank water and eewww, it is tough. I will cheer you on though! You go girl! Woo hoo! You are on your own at Bible study though! hehe!

Donnetta said...

I am such a lousy water drinker also!! Hats off to you in this!

Julie said...

Okay, you can slug me if you want to, but I am a water-drinking fool! I LOVE water!

The only other things I drink are caffeine free sodas occasionally I can't do caffeine for health reasons) and I love my decaf hot tea with cream. So, I'm with you on that one! Love my half-n-half!

Hey ~ Have you tried the new Fruit 2-O's? They're basically flavored water with zero calories. You might like them.

Shawna said...

Susie, I will TRY with you - at the very least to cut way back. I usually do okay with drinking water, but I LOVE Mt. Dew, and I desperately need to cut back. So, here we go!

Anonymous said...

Susie
Just catching up on your blog weeks behind. But I'm trying to give up cokes too, coffee has never been a problem for me. I'm pretty much down to cokes only when we eat out. good luck