Aug 25, 2008

Mondays With Matt

Hey Guys! This is my first installment of Mondays with Matt Prokop, my nephew who is soon to have a role in HSM3. Basically, I will give you an update of what is going on with Matt and what awesome opportunities he has been given since being cast as Jimmie "The Rocket" Zara in what is going to hopefully be a Huge Hit at the Box Office in October. What am I saying? Of course it is going to be a huge hit!



You can catch some pics from Sunday's HSM3 Pep Rally here on Youtube. We heard Matt on Radio Disney and he did such a great job! He's a natural speaking in front of people. Matt is the one with the black Fedora hat and Mickey Mouse shirt.





Matt can also be found here encouraging people to get out and vote. If the video does not pop up immediately-In the middle of the page, under the curtain, you need to click "view more" until you see Matt Prokop. Pretty cool!

Since some of you may not know much about Matt, each week leading up to the big premiere I'll be giving you the inside scoop. I asked him some questions last week when the kids and I were hanging out with the family. Here is some of what what said:

Me: Hey Matt, do you mind if I interview you for my blog? There are like at least 5 people who read it each week.

Matt: Sure, no problem. (I guess he remembers that I let him watch Barney as much as he wanted when I babysat him when he was two-even way past his bed time. Payback time.

Me: Okay, I'll start with the obvious. What is your favorite color?

Matt: Green.

Me: Oh really, Skip's favorite color is green too.

Matt: Who is this interview about?

Me: Oh sorry. Next question, Who is your favorite actor and actress?

Matt: Actor... I would have to say Robert Downey Jr. He's awesome!

Me: Oh yeah, Skip really loves him too. Oh sorry, I forgot. Now, what about an actress?

Matt: Uh... I would have to say Emma Watson.

Me: The girl in Harry Potter?

Matt: Yes, she's hot!

Me: Not a good reason, but typical for you actor types. Okay Matt, what is your favorite thing to do when you are not acting or auditioning.

Matt: Sleep

Me: Are you serious?

Matt: Yes, and playing video games.

Me: What is your favorite game?

Matt: Halo.

Me: Never played it. I guess I should ask you a question about HSM3 now. What is your character's name and what is he like?

Matt: Jimmie and he's crazy!

Me: Like you?

Matt: Pretty much.

Me: Now how are you going to stay grounded throughout all the hype surrounding HSM3?

Matt: I'm thinking of drilling screws in my shoes.

Me: Huh? ....Oh, I get it. Hey, Matt.

Matt: Ya?

Me: What really bugs you?

Matt: Interviews.

Okay, that's it for the first interview. What do you think? Want to learn more? Stay tuned for next week's "Mondays with Matt". I will be covering Matt's worst nightmare and his favorite cast member from HSM3.

Matt and his cousin Annie, my sweet girl and his biggest fan!

8 comments:

Canadian Bird said...

WOW! How exciting, Susie!
You all must be so proud... He's adorable, & you're right, has so much poise & confidence in front of the camera. I guess I'll have to go out & see HSM3. :)

The Glow Girls said...

Love it! Susie I think you may have found your gift. Great interview. I'll share it my wanna be actress daughter. Do you take questions from viewers?

Susie said...

Tiffany-I'll definitely take questions from viewers. How fun would that be!

DeeDee said...

Whoa! Questions from viewers? I'm definitely getting my neices in on this! Such fun!

Julie Gillies said...

Hey, girl, you do a great job wearing that reporter's hat!

I am sending Emily over here to get the scoop!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

You have WAY more than 5 readers. Some of us (ahem) have just gotten incredibly bad about commenting on a regular basis! Great interview. So much fun. My daughter and I have always loved the HSM franchise, but now we're extra excited to get to see an actor that actually knows and is related to our talented blogger friend, Susie!

Linda said...

What a fun post Susie! It must be very exciting for all of you - especially Matt!
I am so far behind on reading posts. I hope all is going well as the kids start the new school year. Both of our sons and their families moved during the summer, and they're all trying to get settled in. All it takes is just one good friend. I've been praying for that for my grandchildren.

Shawna said...

How fun! It was like we were sitting right there with ya'll. lol

Happy weekend to you, Susie!