Aug 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am Thankful for PRAYER! It does not matter one bit what I am facing today or what I have done, God is there ready to listen. Prayer is my constant companion and it is so personal to me. What a pleasure to praise God and talk to Him one-on-one and at any time of the day!


I am Thankful for God's Word! It overwhelms me at times when I think of the vast wisdom put in the pages of our bibles. I wish I could say that I am digging in each and every day, but I am trying. Just thinking of the power and authority given throughout the stories and accounts never ceases to amaze me.


I am Thankful for Trials and Obstacles! I believe it is here that we truly find out what our character is and how big our God can come in and do a mighty work.


I am Thankful for Writers. To use a gift that God has given to share with others truly inspires me. There are so many wonderful authors out there I read that teach, encourage and entertain me daily. So many of these wonderful writers are in my side bar. You don't have to open a newspaper, check out a book from the library or even go to a bookstore anymore to find great works in print. You just need internet access!


I am Thankful for Forgiveness! This is hard for me when I have been hurt by someone or something someone has said, yet I expect to be forgiven when I am at fault. I wish that we all could be more like Jesus who forgives so freely! I am working on this one, and pray that if I have hurt any of you reading this in some way, you will also be willing to forgive.




What are you thankful for today? If you would like to join in, go to Sting My Heart and leave your link.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful list dear.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love this list, I am going to join in too today.

By the way it took me awhile to figure out who M.C. was but when I did, I thought Duh! Of course and How cool is that?!? Can't wait to see the movie!

Susan said...

Amen!!!
Susan

Jenileigh said...

Wonderful! Happy TT!

Melanie said...

Wonderful blessings... God is so good to us, isn't He?

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Nancie said...

Wonderful thankful list, Susie! Prayer and God's Words are so precious. Trials and obstacles has their value too as they make us dependent upon God. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

june said...

I am with others adding my prayers
with yours.

The steps of a good man are ordered
by the Lord.
Truly your steps were ordered, I
get chill thinking about it.

When you blog, add me to your list
I am looking for bloggers to be
friends, prayer buddies with.
June (littledune)

DA Wagners said...

You make me thankful, girlfriend!!! Love your list!