Sep 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I'm so thankful that my family and those I love were protected from Hurricane Ike.

2. I'm thankful for a weekend with my husband AT HOME. The first in a long time. We cancelled church this week in anticipation for the storm. Even though the storm went far from us, it was such a blessing to have my pastor hubby home for a whole weekend. We had the best day!

3. I'm thankful that my husband and I have decided to start doing the things that we enjoy but have somehow stopped doing because of lack of time. We are making the time and not focusing our whole life on work and school. It has really helped his stress levels. Still praying for his blood pressure which was high a little last week.

4. I'm thankful Skip's grandmother is doing better after a health scare two days ago.

5. I'm thankful for the godly women and men in my life who strengthen and encourage me. My mother-in-law has taught me so much about patience and selflessness as she cares for her aging mother. My daddy and step-mother have shown me how to be more Christ like as they completely altered there life over the last year to care for their aging mother and my very sick grandfather. They give and give because they are daily strengthened by the Lord. My kids are so blessed with all their grandparents!

6. I'm thankful that Skip and I have started a couple's blog recently that keeps us even more connected, and hopefully is a blessing to others in the process.

*A Very Special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Daddy! I love you so much!

If you would like to join in on Thankful Thursday, go to Sting my Heart and leave a link.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I always enjoy your Thanksfuls.
Susan

Debra Kaye said...

What a beautiful thankful heart you have! Blessings to you today, sweet sister!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post. My man came home tonight saying we should take a weekend trip together. Forget about the weekly stresses and just reconnect. Good for you. You got a weekend with your man!!

I enjoyed visiting your site today.