Oct 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Proud of My 1st Baby


This Thankful Thursday is all about my thankfulness for God's provision for my daughter. I've already mentioned several times how much I love my daughter's high school and the way God has given us true answer to prayer where her education is concerned.


Last year when I set out to home school, I knew it was what the Lord wanted for us at the time, but I was unsure of the effects it would have if she went back the next year to formal education. Would she be on level? Would she be able to get back into the study mode? Would she pass? Many friends told me that whatever I was unable to provide for her, that God would fill in the gaps. I knew in my heart He would, but I doubted with my mind. Well, God showed me that he is all about filling in gaps, and MORE!!!


Ashley got her first progress report, and she is definitely not failing in this challenging, classical Christian school. In fact most of her grades are A's with a few B's in the subjects that I probably wouldn't even pass. Here is her freshman course list: Greek(by the way she loves this class and has a 99 right now), Ancient Literature, Ancient History, Bible Doctrine, Trivium 1(still don't fully understand what this even is, but I know it has to do with grammar and logic), Algebra 1, Biology, Drama, and Journalism.


Ashley is on a 3 day retreat right now with her classmates in the the Hill Country. Their theme this year is "Solus Christus-Christ Alone". I wish I was going! Maybe next year I can be a chaperon. Please pray for their safety and that they will have a time of growth and fellowship like they've never had before.
If you would like to join in Thankful Thursday, just head over to Grace Alone and leave your link. Have a very blessed Thursday!

12 comments:

Denise said...

May God continue to sweetly bless your daughter.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that Ashley is doing so well. Her three day retreat sounds great, especially the topic chosen. I'm so thankful to find your blog too.

gail said...

God is so faithful, isn't He? have a great TT

Tonya said...

YES, we've got an Ephesians 3:20 GOD! I LOVE it when HE shows us that HE will provide our every need! (I'm a homeschooling mom myself)

BTW.. THANKS so much for the comment on my blog, it was SO NICE to "meet you!"

Unknown said...

Wonderful!
Happy TT!
Blessings....

Susan said...

Hey Susie,

Oh, what a major blessing to read about your daughter!! Praise God she's doing great with the transition.

Hope you are having a great day today!

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a curriculum! You obviously taught her well and I'm glad that God does fill in our gaps!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Wow. I am so impressed with her course schedule and that she is getting A's and B's. That is something to be thankful for. I am sure you are , also, very proud of her, and you should.

Anonymous said...

Susie, I am so proud of Ashley for doing so well! And cannot wait to hear about her trip! You know, I hear that children are a reflection of their parents, so you and Skip must be doing an awesome job!!! Keep up the great work =) I'll be calling you when it's my turn to be a mom!

Debbie said...

Way to go Ash!!! Please tell her we are SO proud of her! I hope she has a wonderful weekend! We will be praying!

Melanie said...

Wow... that is some list of classes Ashley is taking this year! I don't think I'd do too well at all myself. :)

Thanks for visiting this week... have a great weekend!

Shawna said...

Congratulations on a job well done so far. The seeds you have planted are coming to fruition. I imagine you are so proud and with good reason.

Her course load sounds so fascinating. How I'd love to be enrolled myself! I pray that you do get to go next year as a chaperon on that trip, and that this time they are completely safe and accomplish many things for the Lord.